1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3rd New Tacoma

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Memphis Taco, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Jul 18, 2007 at 12:32 PM
    Memphis Taco

Memphis Taco [OP] Member

Member:
    Bartlett, TN
    Hello to everyone. I have owned 3 Tacomas. First one was an 01 XtraCab 4x4 SR5 3.4L V6, found out you really really need 4 wheel drive in Massachusetts winters!! 2nd one was an 03 PreRunner DoubleCab SR5 3.4L V6, don't really need 4WD in Memphis, TN. And the one I will try to hang on to, or my wife will kill me, is an 07 PreRunner DoubleCab TRD Sport-Silver Streak Mica. My only upgrades so far are the speakers Polk Audio db690's up front and db650's in the back, bought from Crutchfield. Bought the speaker kits from *********.com. Even with the stock radio sound is so much better. Sirius Stratus plug n play unit through the USA Spec auxillary adapter (Crutchfield). I also play my 30GB Video ipod through the USA Spec. I plan on upgrading the headunit (maybe the Sony CDX-GT81UW) and adding a 4-channel amp (Sony XM4S) since it has such a small footprint. I've changed head units before but never tackled an amp. Trying to figure out the best place to put the amp. Any thoughts about this would be greatly appreciated.

2. Jul 18, 2007 at 12:45 PM
    Burns

Burns Excellent Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB Off-Road
    Bilstein 5100's @ 2.0", Wheelers 1.5" AAL, 265/75/16 Firestone Destination AT2's
    Welcome to the site man, I am also on my 3rd Taco. 1st was a 98 4x4 2nd was an 05 D-cab pre-runner now I got an 06 X-Runner. :)

Products Discussed in

To Top