1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

$400-you chose how to spend!

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by BenJammn5, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Dec 4, 2009 at 8:10 AM
    BenJammn5

BenJammn5 [OP] RN

Member:
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD-Off Road PreRunner
    TRD cat-back with Spintech prostreet muffler, AFE Pro dry S intake, 16" SCS F-5, 3.5 BS, 305/70 GT Radial MT, King extended travel front/rear, 2" add-a-leaf, Maxtrack Spindles, Sway bar delete, DSM UCA, All Pro IFS skid, Cab mount chop, bed cab locks, Black badges, cali raised amber LED fogs, 6K FX-R Morimoto projectors with 55watt ballast, fog mod, cheap rear dust lamp from autozone, Hellas 500 behind grill, Color match Satoshi Grill, Hood scoop, rear bumper by BTF, color matched Glassworks bed caps, Wet Okole seat covers
    Ive got a hunch that santa is gonna hook me up with an AFE intake this year and since I've already got the TRD catback I was thinking about completing the air induction with headers, most likely short tube b/c I live in california. I was thinking about running the LT headers but just need to figure out how to smog the truck when it's due.
    OR get URD's maf sensor and screw the headers....
    OR I'm open to other options you may have.
    I've got $400 to blow on the engine, I know it's not much to work with but it'll get me somewhere. Ultimately if the wallet did not restrict I'd go LT headers AND APR-x1 programmer. What direction would you go besides the option that is out of reach?

2. Dec 4, 2009 at 8:21 AM
    BlissTaco

BlissTaco 2022 TRD Offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    22 TRD Offroad 4x4
    Kings, Method 701, Toyo AT3 285/70R17, interior/license LED's, tonneau cover, Subaru tweeters
    I'd like to get the LT headers too, but I am also concerned about smog.

3. Dec 5, 2009 at 9:15 AM
    BenJammn5

BenJammn5 [OP] RN

Member:
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    TRD cat-back with Spintech prostreet muffler, AFE Pro dry S intake, 16" SCS F-5, 3.5 BS, 305/70 GT Radial MT, King extended travel front/rear, 2" add-a-leaf, Maxtrack Spindles, Sway bar delete, DSM UCA, All Pro IFS skid, Cab mount chop, bed cab locks, Black badges, cali raised amber LED fogs, 6K FX-R Morimoto projectors with 55watt ballast, fog mod, cheap rear dust lamp from autozone, Hellas 500 behind grill, Color match Satoshi Grill, Hood scoop, rear bumper by BTF, color matched Glassworks bed caps, Wet Okole seat covers
    California sucks in that department

4. Dec 5, 2009 at 9:48 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I'd go the MAF calibrator....You'll get more out of that right now...and then down the line you can add the headers and re-tune it again....

5. Dec 5, 2009 at 9:55 AM
    WhatThePho?

WhatThePho? Greg Graffin 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    HCMC, VN
    Vehicle:
    2006 STi
    The things required to pull bitches
    I'd do Long Tubes, assuming you bought your truck brand new, you still have 5 years to go before doing a smog test

6. Dec 5, 2009 at 12:53 PM
    BenJammn5

BenJammn5 [OP] RN

Member:
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    Good question I dunno; anybody else know?

7. Dec 5, 2009 at 1:04 PM
    WhatThePho?

WhatThePho? Greg Graffin 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    HCMC, VN
    Vehicle:
    2006 STi
    The things required to pull bitches
    Doesn't the LT headers utilize all the stock cats? If it does you don't need the simulator.

8. Dec 5, 2009 at 1:06 PM
    AvsFanTRD

AvsFanTRD Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Off Road Black
    rear suspension TSB, sockmonkey bed decals, weathertech floor liners, TRD seat covers, tailgate pop n lock, rear diff breather relocation, center console lock, Viper Alarm, extra D-rings in bed, 5100's on all 4 corners
    Vegas, always vegas

9. Dec 5, 2009 at 1:07 PM
    BenJammn5

BenJammn5 [OP] RN

Member:
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    No friend, it cuts em out which is a blessing and a curse in california

10. Dec 5, 2009 at 1:07 PM
    BenJammn5

BenJammn5 [OP] RN

Member:
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    It's legal out there man?

11. Dec 10, 2009 at 11:23 AM
    Jotun

Jotun Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Rucker, AL
    Vehicle:
    DBL cab LB TRD Sport PreRunner
    All that it is, is a spark plug anti fouler. You just weld it to the O2 bung and your good to go...

images.jpg

12. Dec 10, 2009 at 12:05 PM
    uood8

uood8 If You Search...You Shall Find.

Member:
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    '16 Sr5 4x4 DCSB
    Pretty much stock
    Benjammn5 you used to have a frontier right? Didn't it get totaled offroading?

Products Discussed in

To Top