1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

5100's Question...

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by aphex, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Oct 10, 2012 at 4:40 PM

aphex [OP] Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    11 DC TRD OR
    Undercover Classic Tonneau, EGR Aerowrap Bug Deflector, Consolevault Custom Safe, Britax Boulevard 70 Baby Seat!, Retro TRD Shift Knob, Factory Bed Mat, Rear Leaf TSB, 265/75-16 BFG All-Terrain KO's, KMC Enduro Wheels, Front Bilstein 5100's set @ 0" w/ Toytec/Eibach Springs, Rear 5100's, TRD Grille Emblem, OEM Roof Rack, AntennaX 14" Billet Antenna
    Says the following on the Toytec website where they are selling the set of 4 Bilstein 5100's together...
    NOTE: Front Upper bushings and washers are not included from Bilstein in this part number, order separately if needed.

** SOME Tacoma models with a total of 4 leafs (3 main leafs, 1 overload) in the rear leaf pack require our TSB AAL- Part # TAC-AL-TSB. Please count how many leafs you have before ordering **

1. My truck has only 9500 miles on it. Are the front upper bushings and washers something I will need to order, or something I already have on the truck that can be re-used?

2. What is up with the second thing there? Are they trying to suggest that even if I have the rear leaf TSB done on my tacoma that I would need an additional AAL for some reason? I was under the impression that with these 4 shocks, the rear leaf TSB, the fronts set at 0, and eibach coils that I would be about level with about 1.5-1.75" of lift. Is there anything wrong with that logic?

2. Oct 10, 2012 at 5:00 PM
    Mr Salty

Mr Salty "Give up the good to go for the great"

Jan 31, 2011
    First Name:
    SoCal (Bro Capital of the world)
    White SR5 Pre-runner
    Lots of chrome
    Stock the back is slightly higher then in the front, a bit more with the TSB. The coils (Eibach or OME), which give you about 1.5" of lift, will actaully come close to leveling you out, but you may have a slight rake. As for the bushings and washers, just use whats there.

The second note refers to doing the rear Add-A-Leaf. If you are not doing anything with the rear, ignor the note.
To Top