1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

5spd shift knob thread

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by t-com09, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Dec 18, 2009 at 9:10 AM

t-com09 [OP] Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    2010 single cab 4x4 sr5
    Bilstien 5100's yellow foglights toolbox pop n' lock
    my buddy works in a metal shop and is milling me a new shift knob for my 2010 sr5 single cab. neither of us has been able to find the thread size of the stick online, does anyone here on TW know what the thread size for this truck would be? thanks
  2. Dec 18, 2009 at 9:27 AM

bmgreene Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    First Name:
    L.A. Westside
    2010 PreRunner V6 SR5/OR
    Alcan Leaf Packs, OME884 Coils, 5100 shocks, U.S. Offroad Winch Mount w/Winch, Trail Gear Rear H/C Bumper, Sway bar delete, hidden "snorkel" intake mod, In-dash CB, Bestop Supertop, Undercover Swingbox, hood lifters, assorted lights and front spotting camera
    I think most imports have 1.25 mm threads, and the MT stick is probably 10 mm (I know for sure that the AT is 8 mm)

If you have any metric hardware handy you can always check with either threading a bolt into the OEM knob or a nut onto the stick (or you could see about picking up a couple loose metric nuts, shouldn't cost more than $1 for both a 10-1.25 and a 8-1.25 if you can find them singly (I'd try a local hardware store or Ace for that, box/auto parts stores tend to sell them bagged).

Or, if you're really careful you might be able to try just threading a tap into the stock knob (or a die on the stick) to find the size for sure. If you do that, just don't push against any resistance or you could screw up the existing knob threads.
To Top