1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

6 speed surgery

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by edoilfan, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Apr 2, 2009 at 5:36 PM
    edoilfan

edoilfan [OP] Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD
    TRD exhaust, AFE pro dry stage 2 cold air intake, AFE TBS
    Bula is going under the knife, she and her clutch haven't been getting along too well lately. For some reason, everytime I have er in 4 high and lose traction in reverse, the clutch starts to broil. I was pulling a Cummins out of a snowbank the other day and as soon as I spun the tires in reverse, the guy in the Dodge could smell it! It only does it in reverse and only in 4 high. I took the service guy for a ride, found some glare ice and it still stunk, even with basically 0 traction. The dealership talked to Toyota about it and they had no idea why the clutch is burning. She goes in Wednesday, in lieu of flowers and cards, please send synthetic 5w30 (for Bula) and Coors Original for me.

2. Apr 2, 2009 at 5:40 PM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony You’ll have that on these big jobs.

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
  3. Apr 2, 2009 at 5:42 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Best of luck...Hope they get the smell to go away.

4. Apr 2, 2009 at 5:47 PM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    :pray:

You and Bula are in our thoughts and prayers. Lets hope for a speedy recovery. God knows there are more trucks out there that need rescuing.

Products Discussed in

To Top