1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

$750 College graduate incentive - anyone ever use this?

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by Gutt Pile, Sep 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 6, 2015 at 12:10 PM
    Gutt Pile

Gutt Pile [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Blazing Blue TRD Offroad
    Im over the hill but the wife is a professional student and did grad school about 2 years ago. Wonder how flexible they are on this? I'd have to make her the primary buyer I guess?

2. Sep 6, 2015 at 12:13 PM
    PVT Pablo

PVT Pablo

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Kitsap County, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner TRD Pro
  3. Sep 6, 2015 at 12:15 PM
    mike2810

mike2810 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona - Rim Country
    Vehicle:
    had 06 Sport 4x4 , now 2016 Nissan Pro 4x
    I don't know what Toyota will do. When we purchase our 2012 Jeep it had discounts for military, a discount for recent grad, etc, totally $12k.
    We told the dealer that is what we wanted off. They gave us the 12K with no hassle and what we wanted for our trade.

Hopefully Toyota buyers can get a fair discount on the new Tacoma's

Bottom line tell them what your willing to pay for the vehicle. Let them figure out how the numbers fit.

4. Sep 6, 2015 at 12:22 PM
    DesertDunes

DesertDunes Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cole
    Coachella Valley. CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Super White Tacoma TRD OR DCSB
    Overland Stuff
    I bought my truck in 2012 after having graduated two month earlier. The dealership I got my truck gave $1,000 off for new graduates but they also didn't come down much from sticker price. I got my new TRD OR DCSB for around $32k

5. Sep 6, 2015 at 12:31 PM
    SDTaco4x4

SDTaco4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black TRD Sport 4x4
    When I leased an Infiniti some years ago, I got a recent grad discount.

6. Sep 6, 2015 at 12:38 PM
    Sigjr

Sigjr Active Member

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRD Sport
    I used it, but the dealer I went to asked for me to bring my college diploma in for verification. I'm not sure how recent you must be to qualify but I was within one year.

7. Sep 6, 2015 at 12:41 PM
    DesertDunes

Member:
    First Name:
    Cole
    Coachella Valley. CA
    Vehicle:
    Overland Stuff
    The small print said you must have graduated within one year and I had also had to show my official transcripts

8. Sep 7, 2015 at 8:51 AM
    James_Bond

James_Bond Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    '16 TRD Sport DCLB
    All stock
    The terms and conditions:

Graduated in the last two years.
    $750 rebate on financing a NEW car.
    Must show a diploma with a date.
    Or Must be graduating in the next 6 months, must show proof.
    Must have proof of employment.
    Expires January 6, 2016.
    Tacoma is an eligible vehicle.

I'm glad someone brought it up because I do plan on using it too.
    But OP's question was, has anyone used it at a Toyota dealer?

9. Sep 7, 2015 at 9:02 AM
    James_Bond

Member:
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    '16 TRD Sport DCLB
    All stock
    Another tip. I would never tell the dealer you plan on using it until you have negotiated the price. The rebate is from TFS not the dealer. So when you start to talk about financing and how much you are going to put down and which financial plan you choose, then you drop that diploma on their lap and tell them to include it.

Toyota doesn't loose a dime because it's a tax deductible that they get to claim. So don't be afraid to scavenge incentives.

BudMan likes this.
  10. Sep 7, 2015 at 9:17 AM
    Gutt Pile

Member:
    Vehicle:
    damn. its been two years. But photoshop can fix that.

11. Sep 7, 2015 at 9:19 AM
    -dustin

-dustin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Leander, TX
    Vehicle:
    2020SWDCSBTRDPROFTW
    Local dealer told brother in law that it was for those with no credit or who were buying their first vehicle. So, he was denied it.

12. Sep 7, 2015 at 9:21 AM
    Gutt Pile

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Nothing in the print about that. Really its between you and Toyota. Dealer is just a middle man at that point I'd assume. If I have to finance it to shave off $750 then hell yeah. I'll just write the check the next month to Toyota.

13. Sep 7, 2015 at 9:26 AM
    Herniator

Herniator Well-Known Member

Member:
    Edmonton
    Vehicle:
    2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
    chrome valve stems covers
    Was that the real reason, or was it just a lazy salesman who knew he was going to make a sale anyways and was less work for him?

14. Sep 7, 2015 at 9:31 AM
    -dustin

-dustin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Leander, TX
    Vehicle:
    2020SWDCSBTRDPROFTW
    Well, it was the 9th vehicle the family has purchased from that dealer, and they're all relatively good family friends. I'm sure he got hooked up regardless.

Same place I purchased my truck from on Saturday.

15. Sep 7, 2015 at 9:38 AM
    James_Bond

Member:
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    '16 TRD Sport DCLB
    All stock
    Both the small print and the bold letters say 2years.

16. Sep 7, 2015 at 9:41 AM
    DirtyTerp

DirtyTerp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Freeland, MD
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCSB MGM
    I used it when I bought mine. Negotiated the price and then told them I was a recent grad. I had a picture of my diploma for proof and they took that. You have to finance through TFS to get the rebate. Financing was slightly higher than our credit union but with the rebate it saved a couple hundred bucks in the long run.

James_Bond likes this.
  17. Sep 7, 2015 at 10:06 AM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    Are you kidding?

AR15xAR10 likes this.
  18. Sep 7, 2015 at 10:14 AM
    DesertDunes

Member:
    First Name:
    Cole
    Coachella Valley. CA
    Vehicle:
    Overland Stuff
    From toyota's website:

Planning Center
    Buy

Finance Program Details College Graduate Program Toyota Certified Used Vehicles Military RebateBusiness Solutions Repeat Customers iFi

Take the test you'll enjoy: A Toyota test drive
    School may be out for you, graduate, but there's still more to learn - and earn. If you've obtained a degree within the last two years or will graduate within the next six months, you may qualify for the Toyota College Graduate Finance Program, featuring a $750 rebate toward the purchase or lease of select new Toyotas through your Toyota dealer and Toyota Financial Services (TFS).

It pays to go to college: The Toyota College Graduate Finance Program1
    We all know that going to college can be tough on the pocketbook. TFS goes to the front of the class with a finance plan that features the following:

• Competitive APRs on all new untitled Toyota vehicles and Toyota Certified Used Vehicles
    • $750 rebate when you purchase or lease on select new untitled Toyota Camry (excludes Hybrid model), Corolla, Prius (excl. Plug-in Hybrid), Prius c, Prius v, RAV4 (Gas only), Tacoma or Yaris, between June 2, 2015 and January 4, 2016
    Making the grade: How to qualify
    To qualify for the rebate, you'll need to meet the following graduation, employment, insurance and credit criteria requirements.

• Earn your degree. To take advantage of the program, you must meet one of the following:
      • Have graduated from an accredited four-year college, university, or registered nursing degree program during the last two years or will graduate from such a school/program within the next six months
      • Have graduated from an accredited two-year college, junior college, technical college, or university during the last two years or will graduate within the next six months
      • Be enrolled in or have graduated from an accredited graduate degree program during the last two years
      • Have graduated from an accredited two-year trade or vocational school during the last two years or will graduate within the next six months
    • Get to work. When submitting credit application, show proof of present employment or future employment with a start date within 120 days of your purchase contract date. Note that TFS must deem your income sufficient to cover living expenses and vehicle payments.
    The applicant or co-applicant must meet all of the college graduate program qualifications.

See your participating Toyota dealer or call (800) GO-TOYOTA for more information.

[​IMG]
    Copyright © Toyota Financial Services. All rights reserved.

[​IMG]
    1College Graduate Finance Program is valid on the lease or finance (including preferred option) of select new untitled Toyota models or on Toyota Certified Used Vehicles. College Graduate Rebate is only available on new untitled Toyota Camry GAS (excl. Hybrid), Corolla, Prius (excl. Plug-in Hybrid), Prius c, Prius v, RAV4 (Gas only), Tacoma and Yaris vehicles. (TCUVs are not eligible for the Rebate Program). The College Graduate Rebate Program and College Graduate Finance Program are available upon credit approval from and execution of a finance or lease contract through a participating Toyota dealer and Toyota Financial Services (TFS). Not all applicants will qualify. Qualified customers must be enrolled in or be a graduate from an Eligible School (as defined below) and provide proof of graduation (showing an upcoming graduation within six months OR a recent graduation within two years from the date of signing your vehicle lease or finance contract) from one of the following Eligible Schools located in the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, or U.S. Virgin Islands: (a) an accredited four-year college, university or registered nursing program; OR (b) an accredited two-year college associate degree or an undergraduate academic degree as awarded by community colleges, junior colleges, technical colleges and universities; OR (c) an accredited two-year trade or vocational school; OR (d) an accredited graduate school. In all cases, the student will have two years from receipt of their degree to take advantage of the program. Must provide proof of qualification and any one of the following documents will be accepted as proof: (a) copy of diploma; OR (b) letter from the college/university/trade school registrar’s office stating graduation date and type of degree or certification earned; OR (c) copy of the final transcript confirming graduation date and type of degree earned; OR (d) copy of current transcript (or letter from college/university registrar’s office) confirming current enrollment in a graduate degree program. Eligible customers must also meet credit approval requirements and furnish proof of present employment or proof of future employment when submitting credit application. Rebate offered by Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. Rebate will be applied on lease agreements toward the amount due at lease signing or delivery or capitalized cost reduction or the down payment on finance contracts. Limit one rebate per lease or finance transaction. Not compatible with the Toyota Military Rebate Program or iFi Program. Rebate valid on contracts executed between June 2, 2015 and January 4, 2016. College Graduate Programs are subject to change or termination at any time. Some restrictions apply. Programs may not be available in all states. On eligible finance contracts with terms up to specified number of months for retail and lease and preferred option financing on new vehicles. Compatible with the special APR program up to specified number of months on the Toyota Camry (excludes Hybrid model). See dealer for details. Must pay sales tax. Void where prohibited by law. Not redeemable for cash. Toyota Financial Services is a service mark of Toyota Motor Credit Corporation (TMCC). TMCC is the authorized attorney-in-fact and servicer for Toyota Lease Trust.

James_Bond likes this.
  19. Sep 7, 2015 at 10:16 AM
    BlueXenon

BlueXenon Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles and Newport Coast
    Vehicle:
    2009 Magnetic gray TRD sport (SOLD) 2004 Radiant Red TRD Off Road (SOLD)
    Pro Comp 6" Stage 2 lift, N-Fab nerf bars, tinted windows, debadged, 6000k xenon headlights, 18" ProComp 7089 Wheels in black with BFG AT KO 33's, SnugLid tonneau cover, Line X'ed TRD skid plate. SOLD! Waiting for the 3rd Gen!
    A friend of mine did this. He took somebody else's diploma, photoshopped his name and the date and got the rebate. They just have to send Toyota proof to claim the incentive. This isn't a full on background check to verify it throughly.

20. Sep 7, 2015 at 10:18 AM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    So? That's fraud, and illegal.. and talking about defrauding Toyota publicly on this forum has historically not gone over too well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top