1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

8 things i wish toyota would do with the tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TACOJON, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Aug 5, 2009 at 2:30 PM
    Good351

Good351 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ames, IA
    Vehicle:
    03 4Runner V8
    Manual transfer case.
    4.10 gears optional.

2. Aug 5, 2009 at 2:51 PM
    White Knight

White Knight Active Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD 4X4

keyless entry pad......need a pic?

3. Aug 5, 2009 at 6:02 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    WAY THE HELL OUT THERE, So Cal
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    i would like that too with the 8 cylinders... so i guess thats nine things lol.... This might be a newb question but can u "overgear" the truck... I mean since i run 33' tires can u gear the truck up to 473...???

4. Aug 5, 2009 at 6:04 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    Your right and i love my taco too...!!!

5. Aug 5, 2009 at 6:06 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    I want an RPG instead of the machine gun... lol... :D

6. Aug 5, 2009 at 7:43 PM
    Raven65

Raven65 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Camden, SC
    Vehicle:
    '09 Magnetic Gray Reg Cab 5-Lug
    Curt hitch, D-rings, bed mat
    If you use the rail tie-down system the within its design limits, it's fine. You really need D-rings (which should be in there from the factory at all four corners) for any serious loads. The owner's manual specifies the load limit for the rail tie-downs. If I remember correctly, they are only rated for like 2-300 lbs. and then only if the load is being applied at a 40* angle or less (or something like that). Check the manual to be sure. If you're trying to tie down a motorcycle from the bars to the rail, you're definitely at a steeper angle than that and depending on the bike, you'll be pushing the weight limit too. I certainly wouldn't trust them with my bikes (not even my dirt bike). D-rings mounted to the bed bolts are PLENTY strong enough though.

7. Aug 6, 2009 at 12:03 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    if i wanted to put the d rings are they hard to put in..??? Or do i need to go to a place to do it..???

8. Aug 6, 2009 at 5:21 PM
    Raven65

Raven65 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Camden, SC
    Vehicle:
    '09 Magnetic Gray Reg Cab 5-Lug
    Curt hitch, D-rings, bed mat
    They're easy to do yourself. There are a couple of different ways to do it and several threads on here discussing them. Just do a search on "D-rings" and you'll find more info than you want. THIS is the way I did mine.

9. Aug 6, 2009 at 9:40 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    Thanks bro... Yea that's a lot easier than I thought... Those d rings u could find ar home depot and is there is a specific size..?? Or special kind..??

10. Aug 6, 2009 at 9:49 PM
    alextdunn

alextdunn Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    alex
    san Diego
    Vehicle:
    05, 4cly, base, Xtra cab, 5 lug lift
    ready lift 5 Lug lift, bed lights, 400 watt inverter, scan gauge II, AFE pro Dry s, second air filter removed
    ya it called a Hilux
    Or Land cruser pick up the only bad part is they are not US Legal.
    I had a 3.0 turbo diesel 4-runner 5 speed manual
    thing was the bomb.

11. Aug 6, 2009 at 11:18 PM
    slick_711

slick_711 Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW, TX
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD Off Road
    Avid light bar w/2x Hella 4000C, Bilstein 5100s, Demello sliders
    You guys that are saying you want machine guns must have gotten a bad model? My new Taco has had guns in it almost every time I've driven it so far.

So far no machine guns, but a handful of semiautos (mostly AR15s), shotguns, and pistols. And I've only had it a week. Next week on my day off I'll be taking it out to my work's private range to practice shooting while I drive and shooting from the bed while my buddy drives it. And there's mud out there! God I love my job. :D

On topic: As I said, it's brand new, so I haven't learned any of the negative issues yet I guess. But I'm very happy with my new Taco. A power rear window like the new Tundras does sound awesome, but I can live without it. V8 sounds like too much, I haven't even floored my V6 yet and it seems to be very well powered. I remained under 2000 rpm this morning going up a hill and I was accelerating. What more do you people want?

12. Aug 6, 2009 at 11:29 PM
    Timicha

Timicha Timicha

Member:
    First Name:
    TIM
    Tillamook / Portland , Oregon
    Vehicle:
    04 White Tacoma
    Fabtech 4 inch lift, tinted windows, diff drop, 33 inch MTZ tires on Raceline Raptor wheels, ELITE OFF-ROAD bumpers and sliders
    so if you guys dont like all this stuff then why do you have a tacoma and why are yu apart of this site. your supposed to be a fan of tacoma's im pretty sure. but just a guess :D

13. Aug 7, 2009 at 5:07 AM
    2mtech

2mtech Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    '09 SR5 Prerunner Double Cab Iron Pyrite
    I'm a little amazed that I'm about to be the first person to say that I would settle happily for nothing other than some DECENT BRAKES.

This is my second Taco and the pathetic, spongy brakes remain my only real bitch. Ironic how I traded to my first Taco from a Dodge Dakota and one of the only things I did like about it was the brakes :rolleyes:

Products Discussed in

To Top