1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

9 year old Taco TRD with 185k MPG test.

Discussion in 'Kentucky' started by Gazz, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Jul 24, 2018 at 10:10 AM
    Gazz

Gazz [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Heath Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport
    Stock
    2010 DCSB TRD Sport with almost 186K Miles.

So i was curious to what MPG i was getting especially now she has some miles on her, so my test was simple roughly 2 full tanks divided by mileage at fill ups.

I used AC and Radio as normal i was not trying to cheat for high MPG but really just wanted to see if changing my driving habits would help and damn was i in for a shock, This was an almost 50/50 mixture of highway and city/town driving, averaging roughly 65-70 highway.

1st fill up i did 284 miles before the needle said i was on almost 1/8th and did not feel like going any lower than that. i filled up to the 1st click which went off at 14 gallons exact.
    which would = 20.28 MPG, I WAS REALLY IMPRESSED TO SEE THAT.

The only thing i was confused at was it has a 21 Gallon tank and it still had 6 gallons inside at 1/8th, is this a Toyota trick so we don't ever get too low and potentially burn the pump out?

Refilled to 1st click again for the second try but this time i didn't try to "Eco Drive" as much, i ran down to almost 1/8th but not exactly the same. Today i refilled and i had done 268 miles to 14.333 Gallons. a few less miles and drank just a tad more gas. which = 18.698 MPG.

So combined between 552 miles i have averaged 19.482 MPG.

Original MPG Specs for 2010 Taco DCSB TRD Sport was 17-CITY 21-HIGHWAY

I have almost 186k on this Taco and i could not be more pleased i really wanted to just share this with TW so it goes to show you take care of her and she will take care of you for many miles to come :)

dirty deeds likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top