1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

'91 3.0 EFI v6 motor swap information needed

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by MokuT87, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Jan 14, 2017 at 2:21 PM
    MokuT87

MokuT87 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Moku
    Vehicle:
    '91 Toyota pickup 3.0 EFI v6 4x4
    32x11.5 Mickey Thompsons
    Aloha.. I threw a rod out the side of my block yesterday. Sickening Cuz this my first 4x and took me a long time to finally get a truck and to top it off I just baught it a few months ago. I am strongly considering placing the Motor with a 3.4L vze or vz-fe. I am no mechanic by any means. I do not know the difference between Motors and if all possible I would not like to change the transmission. I was told I would need additional parts such as a wire harness and a new computer. I have no idea the price range of doing the motor swap or where to buy a trusted motor. If someone could share information regarding buying the components I need and the average prices will greatly appreciated Mahalo in advance!

2. Feb 6, 2017 at 6:04 PM
    Kala

Kala Well-Known Member

Member:
    BigIsland
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Theres a lot of info out on this already. Even 5+ years ago when I first wanted to do this, there was a ton of info.
    Cheapest is to buy a wreck and rebuild motor(or atleast change gaskets and seals, water pump/timing belt). You need the whole engine harness and ecu. ORS sells converter harnesses or take the whole donor harness and swap in. The engine harness also goes to trans harness and theres a few other things youll need from the donor truck but also a few things you wont need or you can do away with too.
    3.0 manual trans bolts to the 3.4

Products Discussed in

To Top