1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

95-97 corner light replacement

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by roddyrod72, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Dec 4, 2010 at 2:21 PM
    roddyrod72

roddyrod72 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Greenville, KY
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM TRD OR DC 6MT
    ICON Stage 2 coilovers, ICON Rebound 17x8.5, SPC UCAs, Mickey Thompson Deegan 33s
    Sorry if this is an exhausted topic or has been covered before, BUT...

one of my front corner lights is burnt out on my '97 Tacoma. I went out, thinking it would be a quick replacement, and I can't figure out how to get the old bulb out without removing the entire grill. I removed the two screws holding the corner light housing, but the entire assembly seems to be connected to the grill. Is there an easier way to replace other than removing the grill?

Thanks in advance!

2. Dec 4, 2010 at 3:17 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    It's been a long time....but the bolts that you removed, did you have to open the hood to get to them? If not...Open the hood and look for more screws.

You shouldn't have to remove the grill to get them out. I've done it myself but that was years and years ago.

3. Dec 4, 2010 at 5:12 PM
    Avsguy33

Avsguy33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Where the grille meets the light there is a little phillips head plastic clip that needs to be pulled out. It is the kind where the plastic screw pops out of the clip allowing you to pull the clip out. Just grab a flat head screwdriver and pop it out. Remove the two metal screws on the outside of the light and it pops out.

4. Dec 4, 2010 at 5:59 PM
    roddyrod72

roddyrod72 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Greenville, KY
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM TRD OR DC 6MT
    ICON Stage 2 coilovers, ICON Rebound 17x8.5, SPC UCAs, Mickey Thompson Deegan 33s
    Great! Thanks, I'll give that a shot tomorrow. I saw the little plastic holder and tried to pull it up, but was afraid I'd break it off. I'll just try harder next time! Thanks again.

BTW, the truck is still running great with 270,000 miles.

97 Tacoma x-cab 4x4 V6

Products Discussed in

To Top