1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

96' Taco vs Sterling 18 Wheeler

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Sylvario, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Jun 5, 2010 at 1:11 PM
    Sylvario

Sylvario [OP] Government Agent

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    96' Bigrig Fighter
    Hi all, Hate to call myself a newby since I have been stalking this forum forever. Haven't posted cause I couldn't find my truck pics. But today I did.

This is (was) my truck!

[​IMG]

One late December night I hit some black ice on an on ramp. Fishtailed a bit and right when I though I had recovered it I was suddenly going sideways down the interstate. I looked to my left, see some big old headlights centered up on me, looked to my right and told my wife "I am sorry."

[​IMG]

A few minutes later we are both crawling out her door. Since my steering column was bent over the ignition I could not turn it off... so we figured we should exit stage right asap. Wish I had pics of the passenger side. I slid down the concrete median and it looked like somebody sandblasted it.

[​IMG]

But we both walked away. Me with seven stitches where my head took out my window and her with nine stitches in her arm after a piece of glass was pulled out. The firemen asked where the driver was when they arrived and none could believe I was standing there talking to them. They thought my legs should have been broken. So here is to my favorite truck. I miss her. Someday after my wife finishes school (for her second degree) a new Taco is number one on my list. Maybe I will stick the Sterling hood ornament I found inside my cab on it as the first mod.

Glad to finally post. Feel like I know so many people on here. Yay for first of many posts. Love all the trucks and inspiration.

2. Jun 5, 2010 at 1:12 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    :eek:

Dude thats crazy! I'm soooo glad you 2 are okay!

Thanks for the nice words!

3. Jun 5, 2010 at 1:16 PM
    JM76

JM76 Ride On

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2016 AC SR 4x4
    bone stock save for the block lift that came on it with the open country m/t.
    one hell of an intro!:eek: welcome to tw!:)glad you are here to tell us about it, and here's to hoping you get another tacoma soon. :)

4. Jun 5, 2010 at 1:30 PM
    dhurley

dhurley Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab TRD SR5 V6
    TRD, Snugtop Super-Sport, bedliner, receiver hitch, alarm mod, deck plate mod, AFE Pro-Dry S, Saddleman camo seat covers, TW decal, grey wire mod w/switch, DRL, LED cupholder mod, Dynomax Super Turbo, aux back-up lights, Devil Horns by Andres, "blue plug" mod for 2LO, shorty antenna, Pro Comp fog & driving lights, receiver shackle, 15% tint front windows, stainless nerf bars, Ultra Gauge, diff breather mod
    Welcome to TW. Glad the truck lost the fight and not the two of you. Holy crap:eek:

5. Jun 5, 2010 at 1:34 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    Thats pretty crazy. I can't believe it was still running.

6. Jun 5, 2010 at 1:41 PM
    Sylvario

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    96' Bigrig Fighter
    Yah, I still consider it a moral victory. I destroyed the front end of the rig. Insurance lady told me the company filed for over 30k in damage.

As for the running... I just stuck it in park, reached for the parking brake... which I could not locate and left it idling. The firemen had to cut the battery wires to get it to die. There is some truth to the old saying about post nuclear war only thing left will be roaches and Toyota engines.

7. Jun 5, 2010 at 4:12 PM
    imtwistd

imtwistd Going nowhere as fast as possible

Member:
    First Name:
    I forgot
    Liverpool NY
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab long bed sport 4x4 beast
    AllPro offroad front LT with Fox 2.5 shox and AllPro expedtion rear springs with Fox piggy back res shox, TRD skid plate, Toyota roof rack, Undercover tonnuea cover, Pro comp 3" lift, 4 Pro comp 8" offroad lights, 17" XD Series "SPY", Nfab tube steps and light bar, Fitch Fuel, Flexalite fan, Unichip, URD cai, TRD supercharger, URD y-pipe, Banks monster cat back, debadged, projection head lighs, LED tail lights and a loud stereo, Stainless Steel Brake Lines front and rear, Doug Thorley long tube headers, Walboro 255 fuel pump, KC rock guards on my Pro Comp 8" lights
    Holy crap dude

8. May 8, 2011 at 9:54 AM
    Sylvario

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    96' Bigrig Fighter
    [​IMG]

Our crappy old blazer was about to die. A/C did not work, doors did not lock, gas gauge did not work and wheel bearing was worn... so while I was at work my beautiful bride went and got me this. It is hail damaged, and anybody who has seen the storms hitting the South East can understand why, but that just got us a great discount. We went over to the dealership to look for a used car and the sales lady walks out smiling and hands my wife the keys. I had no idea. So here is my new 2011 TRD Sport.

The crazy part is that they are going to fix all the damage. Just gonna take a couple weeks due to the back log of hail damaged cars. I am So So pumped.

Sorry for the poor picture... kinda don't want to show off the dents.

Products Discussed in

To Top