1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

98 Tacoma 2WD 5 Lugger

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by gataborda, May 28, 2013.

1. May 28, 2013 at 11:24 PM
    gataborda

gataborda [OP] New Member

Member:
    Irvine, CA
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma
    Hey All..
    Newbie to forum...Recently purchased this truck as my sons first new vehicle. Truck mechanically runs excellent but have had some issues with its suspension components. Aside from the broken leaf spring we had some issues with the front driver side strut rod breaking...twice...disconnecting it from the stabilizer bar. Cant figure out why its doing it??? Its obvious the front suspension has been modified but dont really know to what extent. Ive called around trying to find out who this set up was made by but have exhausted I believe all avenues.

Is anyone able to see from the pictures if this is a legit setup?
    What is causing the strut rod to break?
    Also, the suspension seems to only have about 2" of travel before the truck hits the spring bumper on the lower control arm...is that correct? Really? 2"???

Id rather keep as much of the existing components, so long as it doesnt pose a safety threat. Im sure my son would love a newer taller lift kit, but Im looking for something that simply works right without having to dump in a wad of cash.

Hopefully the pics are enough to tell...

98Tacoma(1).jpg
    98Tacoma(2).jpg
    98Tacoma(3).jpg
    98Tacoma(4).jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top