1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

98 Tacoma extracab 3/4 drop on 17s

Discussion in '1st Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (1995-2004)' started by mendogotblood, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Jan 9, 2014 at 5:50 PM
    mendogotblood

mendogotblood [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    mendo, ca
    Vehicle:
    02 prerunner doublecab
    Hate to say it but Ive got to sell my little mini truck daily driver so soon. My girlfriend and I are expecting a baby and theres just no room for 2 adults and a car seat in the truck. Ive got some months to get rid of it figured Id post it up early.

Location Northern Cali

1998 Toyota Tacoma extra cab SR5. 301,000 miles on truck about 102k miles on motor. I purchased the truck from the 2nd owner who was the primary driver of the truck for about 260k miles. Truck was maintained and kept up until it lost compression on #3 cylinder. I purchased the truck with 296k and bought a motor out of a wrecked truck that had 98k. I installed the motor with new seals front and rear. new valve cover gasket and some more. New clutch and flywheel. Passed smog and runs great.

Engine has a K&N CAI, throttle body spacer, and magnaflow muffler dumped out in front of rear tire. New battery.

Interior is stock and has alot of miles on it but overall good condition. Drivers seat is torn on the backrest. A/C works great. Pioneer Am/fm casette newer Pioneer door speakers. Aftermarket Tach.

Exterior has some dings and scratches. Minor quater sized surface rust spot on roof. Looks good for an older worktruck tacoma. Comes with toolbox, tinted windows and slip in rain visors.

Truck is lowered in the front 3in via b/j flip and new monomax shocks. Lowered about 4in in the back with 2intaper blocks and 04 4x4 tacoma springs w/ 5lug overload sensatrack shocks and custom lo-pro bumpstops. New energy suspension front swaybar bushings as well.

Currently truck is on 17 in Drag dr19(I think), comes with good tread stockers; and a set of staggered 350z wheels. Recently aligned.

Truck drives and handles great. I get 21 around town and 27 on the highway. I planned on keeping the truck but life forces plans to change so it must go.

$6kobo or will trade for double cab with cash on my end.

tacoma1.jpg
    tacoma2.jpg
    tacoma3.jpg
    tacoma4.jpg
    tacoma5.jpg

2. Jan 22, 2014 at 3:23 PM
    mendogotblood

mendogotblood [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    mendo, ca
    Vehicle:
    02 prerunner doublecab