1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

99 tacoma light issue?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 99tacomadude, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Jan 11, 2011 at 5:30 PM
    99tacomadude

99tacomadude [OP] New Member

Member:
    minnesota
    Vehicle:
    99 tacoma sr5
    stock
    ok i have light issue with my tacoma, first off when i step on the break the right signal comes on, it doesn't flash it just stays on. then when i make a left signal both signal comes on. i checked the fuse and light bulb and they are just fine, i don't have a check engine light on either? anyone here ever ran into issues like this? pls help i'm out of ideas!

oh i forgot that i also check the tow plug and the wires were fine as well, thanks for all the help!

2. Jan 11, 2011 at 5:38 PM
    Dhawk1313

Dhawk1313 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    99 SR5
    Clear Corners, Clear Turn Signals, Pioneer Headunit, Kenwood speakers up front, Alpines in back, Billy 5100's front + rear, Toytec AAL, Eibach/Toytec Coilovers, Toytec Diff drop, Smoked taillights
    I have a kind of similar problem.. When I'm giving it alot of gas in first, (revving to either 3 or 4k), the E-Brake light comes on for about 5 seconds or so then goes off again.. Can't figure out why..

3. Jan 11, 2011 at 5:44 PM
    lotsoftoys

lotsoftoys pavement is boring....

Member:
    First Name:
    Jace
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    98 lifted panda taco
    bunch of crap
    99 taco dude: sounds like u have wiring issues. who installed ur trailor hitch wiring? someone messed up...

dhawk: check ur brake fluid level. when its low enough, when excelerating hard or stopping hard, the sensor will see the lack of fluid and turn the light on.

4. Jan 11, 2011 at 6:57 PM
    TacomaJPP

TacomaJPP To secure peace, is to prepare for war

Member:
    East TN
    Vehicle:
    03 4WD TRD XTD Cab
    Snugtop Camper Brushguard
    Sounds like your brake fluid is low. So when you gun it, you force the fluid to expose the sensor, thus setting off your e-brake light. Check your brake fluid level.

5. Jan 11, 2011 at 6:59 PM
    TacomaJPP

TacomaJPP To secure peace, is to prepare for war

Member:
    East TN
    Vehicle:
    03 4WD TRD XTD Cab
    Snugtop Camper Brushguard
    I agree with lotsoftoys.

Remove the tow harness and check. It sounds like your wiring harness has an issue with polarity, as in they plugs are switched. I'm sure the plugs on the harness should be keyed (only allowed to plug in one direction), but you may want to check.

Also, I've seen an improper ground kick my ass before. Double check your ground. In fact, disconnect, grind a clean spot on the frame and check your ground to that.

6. Jan 13, 2011 at 2:47 PM
    99tacomadude

99tacomadude [OP] New Member

Member:
    minnesota
    Vehicle:
    99 tacoma sr5
    stock
    yea but i never had a problem with the tow harness before plus i never towed anything yet its pretty much not been used, i'll check grounds, thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top