1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A/C Mod

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Armkb, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Nov 20, 2008 at 4:29 PM
    Armkb

Armkb [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hudson Valley, New York
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport DCLB
    Bilstein 5100, OME 885X, LR UCA, ARB/EL095R, ES LCA Rack & Sway Bar Bushings, Yellow Wire Mod, ABS Switch, TPMS Mod, Scanguage, Toyota Bed Mat, WeatherTech Floor Liners, Extang Trifecta Cover, Fumoto Drain Valve
    OK...this is my first post so be gentle. Recently bought a 2009 Tacoma DC Sport LB, V6/Auto. Great truck!! It replaced a 2004 Ford F350 6.0 Diesel CC that I hated to part with, but the way Ford treats its customers, I didnt dare own it out of warranty. So when the 5yr/75K warranty was almost xpired I knew it was time. It was a toss up between the Toyota and Nissan Frontier. Liked the Nissan but knew the Toyota would be the better of the two in terms of longevity and durability.

Anyway got busy doing some cheap free mods as found here in the forum and am having a problem with the Defrost/AC Mod as outlined in the post. I had no problem locating and removing the D3 connector to the defroster servo but try as I might I could not remove the green wire from the connector. I have removed plenty of wires from connectors in the past but this one just wouldnt give in. I tryed all kinds of thin wires and clips and screwdrivers but it would not come out. Was about to give up...when the wire suddenly broke from the terminal. I guess from all the tuggging and pulling I must have weakened the copper wire to the point of breaking.

Figured it was diconnected anyway which is what was needed...so I reconnected the connector and started the truck and guess what? The A/C still operates when in the Defrost mode. The recirculate mode now doesnt work. So I guess for the 09 models it may not be the solid green wire. Only thing is now the compressor seems to be working even in the other modes as well. ARGG!!!

So now what do I do? I still cant get the terminal out of the connector to resplice it back to the green wire. And if and when I do correct it, does any one know which wire is the correct one for an 09 model? Sorry for the long post!!! I do like to talk to much!!! Hope to keep posting in the future as I learn more about the truck!! Happy Trucking!!:)

2. Nov 21, 2008 at 12:46 AM
    P. Bauer

P. Bauer Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    TRD S/C :: Intake Camburg SwayAway Magnaflow American Racing Donahoe Racing Wheelers OffRoad
    bump: good luck man, hope you get an answer soon.

3. Nov 21, 2008 at 1:09 AM
    Okkine

Okkine Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma, V6, Manual Transmission, 4x4
    That blows. That's the first mod I was going to do when mine comes in. Guess Toyota got tired of people disabling their 'features'. I'll probably give it a try anyway.

4. Dec 9, 2008 at 11:26 PM
    Okkine

Okkine Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma, V6, Manual Transmission, 4x4
    Bump! I'm curious to know if anyone else has had this problem? I haven't had a chance to try it on my '09 yet.

Products Discussed in

To Top