1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A little bummed about not going through with a lift...

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Tacomadude89, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Apr 17, 2011 at 12:52 PM
    Tacomadude89

Tacomadude89 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austen
    About a month or so ago, I was in the midst of purchasing a lift and bigger tires for my truck, but ended up comming to my senses in which case cancelled the order. It was a hard thing for me to do because I was so excited and couldn’t wait for difference, but priorities come over luxury.

Anyway, there’s a good chance I may be going back down to college in California again in the fall and if I very well do, I will pretty much be on my own this time to pay for classes and rent etc. Also because of the recent spike in gas prices and all, it’s just another reason why not to do it. While I have a good amount that I’ve been saving up from work and thus would be no problem right now to pay for the lift and some nice new meaty tires, it’s smarter to continue to save up in the case that I do go back down to college and will be paying for classes, gas, rent, car and motorcycle insurance etc until I found a job down there. Basically the point of it all is to have a reserve saved up to live on for a while until I got a part time job down there. I figure once I did get a job there, then I could do the lift and tires.

All in all it’s just kind of like, ack, I was really excited about this, but after weighing out everything and really thinking about it, saving up is probably the best choice for right now anyway.

2. Apr 17, 2011 at 1:00 PM
    Junebug McQuinn

Junebug McQuinn Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wylie, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road Pre-Runner
    Good choice and good discipline on your part. Take care of the important things first, the lift and tires will always be available when you're ready.

3. Apr 17, 2011 at 1:07 PM
    tinker_troy

tinker_troy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    T R O Y
    WY/SD
    Vehicle:
    #3, 2015 SR AC 4x4 V6 6 speed
    shackle brace, rear sway bar, 3 gen seats, Coupe Shifter, 3rd gen OR front springs + shocks, 17" TuRD PRO replica wheels
    You did the right thing.
    Besides, your truck is sweet looking as is.

4. Apr 17, 2011 at 1:13 PM
    1bad10tacoma

1bad10tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Brewer Maine
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCLB Sport
    tonneau,tailgate lock, OEM cruise, Int. wiper, , mud flap mod,weatertech's,fj rims
    Smart move bud,i too want to do a lift but the price of fuel now is holding me back.I bought this truck because it is better on gas then my other truck. Good luck.

5. Apr 17, 2011 at 2:59 PM
    shitroc

shitroc Master of War

Member:
    First Name:
    Ant
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma TRD 4X4
    Listed in sig.......
    Smart move,you've got more discipline then me lol. priority before luxury well put man.

Products Discussed in

To Top