1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A Long Time Coming....

Discussion in 'New Members' started by alexlotzphotography, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Sep 29, 2016 at 11:06 AM
    alexlotzphotography

alexlotzphotography [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Vehicle:
    1995 4x4 Purp V6 5MT
    Front and Rear Billstein Shocks Upgraded Schackles with extra Leaf 31" Tires on Second Gen Rims
    After many years of dreaming about owning a tacoma for myself, I made the leap of faith and purchased a 1995.5 V6 4x4 5 speed manual with 175k miles.

I live in New York, so rust was an issue on the truck, but the majority of the frame was in solid shape. When I saw this truck on Craigslist I just couldn't resist. The paint color is killer, I love how sometimes it is blue and sometimes... purple.

I am 21 years old and this truck fits me and my personality perfectly right now... I love owning a used truck, after having a brand new hyundai for the last 3 years... It is also a blast driving stick, and going absolutely everywhere I want to! Beach cruising is no longer a fantasy!!! I am having an absolutely amazing time with this truck and I am going to put in the work to make this thing keep on keeping on....
    The engine runs "like a new truck" according to my mechanic, it shifts like a dream, and the 4x4 works great. I cannot describe how great it feels to drive this bad girl down the road, and right off of the road.... What a pleasure to be a tacoma owner, I am very excited to be a part of this community and share the progress of this truck along the way on here.

What has been done to the truck....

31" tires (forget the brand right now... not with the truck)
    newer style taco rims (maybe someone can tell me which year they are from?)
    Bill stein shocks ... 3" lift? (not sure when they are from unfortunately...)
    Added leaf spring and grease-able shackle mounts...
    new water pump and belts
    New front and rear bumper....(guessing they were shot)
    bed liner
    just put a new e brake system in it...
    new brake lines..
    new drums covers...

I have some questions about the truck...

One being, do I need lockers? Are they necessary for my limited off road use? I do want to be able to overland with the truck (as I am hopefully going to bring the truck south through central and south america)... But Mostly road driving...

I want to bulletproof this truck... It deserves to stay on the road for a long, long time...

I am so pumped for the journey ahead!!!

-AlexIMG_2399.jpg IMG_1200.jpg IMG_1201.jpg IMG_2417.jpg IMG_2407.jpg

2. Sep 29, 2016 at 11:34 AM
    ODNAREM

ODNAREM MEMBER Of The Church Of @ODNAREM

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Huntington Beach,CA.
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Prerunner
    TRD catback exhaust,FJ Cruiser trail team wheels,BFG All Terrain K02 tires,Grillcraft front grill,Pelfreybilt IFS/Mid skids,sliders,standard rear bumper,Total Chaos bed stiffeners.TRD Pro Bilstein front/rear suspension.
  3. Sep 29, 2016 at 11:39 AM
    alexlotzphotography

alexlotzphotography [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Vehicle:
    1995 4x4 Purp V6 5MT
    Front and Rear Billstein Shocks Upgraded Schackles with extra Leaf 31" Tires on Second Gen Rims
    ODNAREM likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top