1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A note to our "younger" members (And everyone else too)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Konaborne, May 15, 2012.

1. May 16, 2012 at 11:54 AM
    wrxRome

wrxRome Houston's Swamp Rat

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Covington, LA/Friendswood,TX
    Vehicle:
    06 SWB 4x4 trd off road
    +1 to you sir

2. May 16, 2012 at 12:44 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne [OP] Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    thanks guys

3. May 16, 2012 at 12:46 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Yeah when it comes to DDs we're pretty ruthless. Fuck'em. You'll still get full patient care, but I'm going to treat you like the dumbass you are. Cause God help you if you hit my wife and kid on your retarded rampage.

4. May 16, 2012 at 12:51 PM
    XIGUNHAWKIX

XIGUNHAWKIX Just a desert dude.

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Taos, NM
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4WD Base Project Truck
    Entune touchscreen display, JBL system, blacked out, Icon 2.5 Remote Resis, TC UCA's, 50" LED LightBar. Pelfreybilt bumper.
    That ain't no damn joke. Thanks for the post sir.

5. May 16, 2012 at 1:33 PM
    trmarshall1

trmarshall1 The Least Interesting Man In The World

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Supercharged
    4" Pro-Comp Lift, TRD cat back exhaust, grey wire mod, clutch pedal linear spring mod
    Excellent advice Konaborne! When I was in the Corps, I was an MP. I was just about to get off duty when we received a call from the Yuma County SO. They said a passerby had seen the wreckage of a vehicle several hundred feet off the road in an orange grove. It turned out to be several of my friends. My buddy, extremely drunk decided to take his friends car (late model GTO, set up for the strip, running slicks) out for a spin. Accident investigator said the rate of travel was between 125-135, when they hit a small bump, went airborne, bottomed out and lost control. The car went off the road, struck a steel utility pole, knocked it down, one of my female friends was partially ejected from the passenger side, and apparently her face helped to uproot several orange trees. I had to help ID her by looking at photos of her tattoos, her face was completely unrecognizable. My buddy, the driver was severed at the waist. The only survivor was in the back seat, and the only one wearing a seat belt. He still was severely injured, breaking his back in several places and suffering severe internal injuries. It so happens that Marine had the same last name as me. He was not expected to survive, but pulled through. For several days, when people I didn't see regularly saw me, it looked like they saw a ghost. I had to explain to them what had happened and comfort others who knew these Marines who were now dead or had their lives irrevocably changed...all because someone wanted to drive drunk. Thank you for giving such outstanding advice. I also believe that whether or not you have AAA, they will tow your vehicle to your home and give you a ride if you've been drinking. It may not be free, but a $50 tow beats $10000+ on a DUI, OVI, OWI or whatever its called where you live. And it certainly beats prison followed by the lifetime of guilt if you kill someone.

6. May 16, 2012 at 2:22 PM
    BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk I support a velociraptor free workplace.

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcelasaurus
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Scarlett Whore
    Check Build Thread!!
    That was waaay too complicated

7. May 16, 2012 at 2:35 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    I don't feel bad for not getting it now.

You spent way too much time in the shower thinking that up...

8. May 16, 2012 at 2:58 PM
    BrokenTusk

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcelasaurus
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Scarlett Whore
    Check Build Thread!!
    What I want to know is why is he thinking of us in the shower..

Actually you know what? I don't want to know.

9. May 16, 2012 at 3:10 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    I agree with how stupid drinking and driving is. Had a buddy, who I tell everyone is a total fucking idiot. Why you ask?

7 shots of Jack, 8 beers, and a sport bike doing 130+ in a 45mph street. Car pulled out in front of him, he hit it, he launched like a missile, hit a tree and exploded. My dad was on a ride along with the PD and took pics of the accident. He hit so hard is shoulder was found on the roof of a house, 3 house away. I've never seen someones internals actually 'explode' out of their chest before.

Was he a friend. Sure was. Did I attend his funeral, hell no. I show no respect for people who drink and drive and pull stupid shit like that. Hell I have no respect for people who drink and drive period. Luckily the people in the car were not hurt very badly.

10. May 16, 2012 at 3:16 PM
    BrokenTusk

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcelasaurus
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Scarlett Whore
    Check Build Thread!!
    I not arguing the drinking and driving point, but if someone pulled in front of him, they are at fault for the accident because they didn't look first.

11. May 16, 2012 at 3:23 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    No they pulled out to make a left hand turn that was fully legal. I know the area he died and getting a bike up to those speeds from one stop light to the other would be pretty hard to do on his bike. No doubt in my mind he was running red lights. It was also 2:30 am and the area was rather dark.

Also, not sure if you have ever seen a bike coming at you (at night) at extreme speeds (say 130mph), but you really don't have any time to react. As soon as you see the head light over half a mile away you think its ok to go, by the time you start making the move the bike is already there. No way could they avoid it and the car was not in fault in anyway at all nor did they get any tickets. I mean the dumbass was doing 130mph in a 45mph. He might as well played Russian Roulette.

12. May 16, 2012 at 3:30 PM
    BrokenTusk

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcelasaurus
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Scarlett Whore
    Check Build Thread!!
    Completely understandable, we had a similar thing here, a gravel truck turned left in front of a crotch rocket doing those speeds, he didn't fly it was like painting a wall.

13. May 16, 2012 at 4:27 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    Yeah to me if you are doing 100mph over the speed limit, you are at fault regardless of what happens to you. Can't react that fast at those speeds.

14. May 17, 2012 at 10:43 PM
    ABregenzer

ABregenzer Fish

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    The Dirty Lew, TX
    Vehicle:
    2004 4X4
    Stickers. Lots of stickers.
    I had the unfortunate pleasure of riding home with my buddy tonight. Now, just for back story, I've ridden in his truck before, and he's a fucking maniac even when he's completely sober… We've gotten at least 2 feet of air and a good 3 seconds of air time while driving to go fishing, (that was actually kinda crazy :eek: ) 3 wheeling around corners, constantly way over the speed limit type of thing. He's a "good" driver most of the time. But tonight, I was scared. I've never driven with him after he's had one or two and I will never be doing that again. He drove like a bat out of hell and I felt completely helpless and out of control. I should have been the one driving tonight and I know that now.

I hate the fact that he will drive after he's been drinking and I've told him that. I don't want him (or anyone else for that matter) to end up like these horror stories everyone's been posting so far. He's an overall great guy and he has a lot that he can do with his life. I'd hate to see it all go to waste for just one more "good time" or one more "I've done this before, I'll be fine"

I'm glad I'm still here to write this to ya'll.

I've learned my lesson.

And next time, I'm driving.

15. May 18, 2012 at 9:37 PM
    Konaborne

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    others have not been so lucky, good to see you're still here

bump

16. May 18, 2012 at 10:12 PM
    SnowroxKT

SnowroxKT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Anchorage Alaska
    Vehicle:
    '18 T4R & '06 F250
    6" lift 40s
    Thanks for this pineapple, don't drink and never get in a car with someone driving that has had any alcohol.

I actually drove my girlfriend and her parents home because they both had a drink or two and she didn't have her license. That was kinda awkward, but way better than what could have happened. Sorry for everyone's losses, even if it was their fault, it still sucks.

+1 to OP

17. Apr 18, 2013 at 1:47 PM
    95 taco

95 taco Battle Born

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5 auto
    OME 883 front, OMD 3.5" rear, Relentless front bumper, smittybilt 9.5K winch
  18. Apr 18, 2013 at 2:23 PM
    Konaborne

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    I was saving the bump for a few weeks, but you beat me to it

19. Apr 18, 2013 at 2:25 PM
    ToyComa92

ToyComa92 Write your love, Then your anger.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD sport Debadged
    Heated katzskin leather, Black TRD sport wheels, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec 2" Springs, Deaver 2" AAL, Pioneer AVH4400BH, Ultragauge, Weathertechs front/rear,
    I never drink unless im somewhere where i can stay the night or i can have someone sober drive me. I usual dont even go to much parties for this reason. Im always worried that il get stuck in a bad situation.

20. Apr 18, 2013 at 2:25 PM
    Konaborne

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    Since writing this, I've lost two more

one to careless driving and one to botched party shenanigans. Grew up with both of them.
    more true than ever

stay safe, everyone.

Products Discussed in

To Top