1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A Personal Note {Update} to the #Pelfreybiltfamily

Discussion in 'Pelfreybilt Off-Road' started by Pelfreybilt, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Mar 30, 2016 at 11:15 AM
    Pelfreybilt

Pelfreybilt [OP] Pelfreybilt Off-Road, Inc.

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    ~ Pelfreybilt aluminum 4runner front bumper and Rocksliders coated by Line-X San Diego ~ Baja Designs- LED Lighting Grill with LED lightbar & 40" roof rack lightbar ~ Rigid Industries rock lights ~ Front Runner Outfitters roof rack, fridge slide & bottle opener ~ CVT Rooftop Tent & Awning ~ Goose Gear storage drawers ~ Katzkin Leather seat covers ~ Switch-Pro control kit ~ Factor 55 Flatlink ~ WARN VR8000-S Winch ~ Fuel Offroad Trophy Wheels ~ Goodyear Kevlar Tires ~ ICON Vehicle Dynamics Stage 5 kit. Appx 2.5" lift ~ ARB lockers, skid plates & 50qt Fridge ~ JL Audio custom stereo system
    As you all know my father has been in the final stages of his battle with cancer since mid-January. :(

Yesterday hospice put him on a morphine pump 24/7 and told us we have no more than 3-5 weeks with him. We are doing all we can to keep him comfortable at this time & cherishing the time we have left.

I am now spending 3+ days a week with him, which makes managing the office even more difficult than ever. However, I am doing my very best and do have several amazing teams working along side me to help during this time.

I just want you all to know how much your support, prayers and personal messages have meant to me. This is hands down the hardest thing I've ever experienced in my life & no amount of mental preparation actually prepares you for this moment. Thank you for your overwhelming level of understanding, support and love! You guys really are AMAZING!

If I may be so bold in asking that you keep an eye out, both here & on social media, helping to answer questions that I don't have the time to stay on top of, as well as helping to keep the trolls from making nasty comments about my slower responses, I would be most grateful! ;)

Much Love,

2. Mar 30, 2016 at 11:17 AM
    DrFunker

DrFunker Well-Known Member

Member:
    Family first.
    Wishing your father and your family peace in a very difficult time.

Pelfreybilt[OP] and tcBob like this.
  3. Mar 30, 2016 at 11:18 AM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    Prayers going out to you and your family

4. Mar 30, 2016 at 11:27 AM
    Skrain

Skrain Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Member:
    Monticello, Ky
    Vehicle:
    2009 F.J. Cruiser
    Westin 9 LED Driving Lights.
    I lost my partner to a nasty form of Cancer some 6 years ago, and it still hurts.
    I might have just a slight inkling of what you are going through, but please remember, you are not alone during this time!

Krazie Sj and Pelfreybilt[OP] like this.
  5. Mar 30, 2016 at 11:44 AM
    Desert Drifter

Desert Drifter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Central Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4, SR5
    Icon MT suspension, Pelfreybuilt front bumper, Relentless skids, Avid sliders, Avid custom rack. Pelfreybilt HC Rear bumper.
    My dear Mother recently passed on after much illness. Tough times, but do know that they will be resting easy when it is time. Also it has been said many times but that time you spend with them now is precious for both of you.

Best Wishes to the entire Pelfrey family,

Bill "Desert Drifter"

a.smo and Pelfreybilt[OP] like this.
  6. Mar 30, 2016 at 11:46 AM
    Pelfreybilt

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    ~ Pelfreybilt aluminum 4runner front bumper and Rocksliders coated by Line-X San Diego ~ Baja Designs- LED Lighting Grill with LED lightbar & 40" roof rack lightbar ~ Rigid Industries rock lights ~ Front Runner Outfitters roof rack, fridge slide & bottle opener ~ CVT Rooftop Tent & Awning ~ Goose Gear storage drawers ~ Katzkin Leather seat covers ~ Switch-Pro control kit ~ Factor 55 Flatlink ~ WARN VR8000-S Winch ~ Fuel Offroad Trophy Wheels ~ Goodyear Kevlar Tires ~ ICON Vehicle Dynamics Stage 5 kit. Appx 2.5" lift ~ ARB lockers, skid plates & 50qt Fridge ~ JL Audio custom stereo system
    I am so very sorry to hear of your own loss; thank you for sharing, it really is comforting to know I'm not alone.

7. Mar 30, 2016 at 11:46 AM
    Red Baron

Red Baron Let's call it livabetes, no more die

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Lost on a roundabout
    Vehicle:
    07 Radiant Red DCSB
    Things with metal, dog hair, more metal and lights
    Best wishes to you all in this hard time

Pelfreybilt[OP] likes this.
  8. Mar 30, 2016 at 11:47 AM
    Pelfreybilt

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    I am so very sorry to hear you lost your Mother; thank you for sharing, it really is comforting to know I'm not alone. I truly am cherishing these last moments; they really are some of the most precious to me ♥

9. Mar 30, 2016 at 11:50 AM
    SalmonTaco

SalmonTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Naches
    Vehicle:
    08 Silver TRD Sport
    Brute Force bumpers, TRD FauxLocks, 5100s & 885s, Falken Wildpeaks, SnugTop MVP Shell, Tuffy Bed Box, Console Vault, Fogs anytime, ImMrYo mirror bracket, Wet Okoles, aFe Pro Dry S, PowerStop Z36 pads & drilled/slotted rotors, more shit I can't remember
    It is this type of transparency and honesty that make it all work out for your customers. Thank you and best of wishes to you and your family in this difficult time.

Family first, trucks second. Everything else will fall in there somewhere.

10. Mar 30, 2016 at 12:01 PM
    4WDTrout

4WDTrout Perpetually dreaming of tall trees & rivers

Member:
    First Name:
    Theo
    Vehicle:
    08 4WD SR5 DCSB
    Total Tacoma nOOb.
    My prayers go out to you and your family during this difficult time.

11. Mar 30, 2016 at 2:36 PM
    Mcdees84

Mcdees84 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Tallahassee, FL
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM DCSB-TRD O/R
    Praying for you and your family. I'll do my best to keep an eye out on TW. We all have yours and Tyler's backs.

12. Mar 30, 2016 at 7:52 PM
    Kyitty

Kyitty Mr. Beard

Member:
    Bozeman, MT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma DCLB Better Than TRD
    See Build Page
    @Pelfreybilt - Don't forget we're all !

God bless you, your family, and your father!

Take care of your father. The rest of us can wait. Your dedication to your loved ones is what makes you the kind of person you are. And that shows through to your customers!

samiam and Pelfreybilt[OP] like this.
  13. Apr 1, 2016 at 4:12 PM
    Jystr

Jystr IG: TW_Jystr

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Leesville, LA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Barcelona Red Tacoma TRDOR
    See build thread
    @Pelfrebilt -- I just went through this with my Grandfather. However luckily (if that's the right word) he only had to deal with it for roughly 1month. The days get better, you never forget them. But the days get easier as they go by. I wish you all the best and your true friends/customers understand your struggle and we will be here for you both.

14. Apr 2, 2016 at 2:21 PM
    Pelfreybilt

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    I am so sorry to hear of your own loss... I'm just so ready for him to go Home to Heaven & finally be free of pain & happy once again... I hate seeing him like this; it truly breaks my heart! Thank you for the love & support! ♥

Jystr[QUOTED] and Kyitty like this.
  15. Apr 3, 2016 at 10:16 AM
    BadBrains

BadBrains Spreading the Aloha

Member:
    AL
    Vehicle:
    '07 Tacoma TRD OR, '00 Integra GS-R, '75 C10
    King, TC +2"LT, 35's, Aluminum this and that.
    Like the others have said, family first.
    I lost my Dad a year ago, and it still lingers just below the surface. Wish no one had to go through it.
    I was fortunate to be in the same city and was able to be around him and tell him that I loved him. My brother and sister didn't get the chance.

16. Apr 3, 2016 at 10:22 AM
    RogueTRD

RogueTRD Learn to swim...

Member:
    First Name:
    Cade
    So. Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged '14 Pyrite Mica DCSB 4x4 TRD OR
    Stacked spacer lift, 22x12 wheels with stretched 33's, tow mirrors, bull nuts.
    Best wishes to you and yours my friend!

17. Apr 4, 2016 at 11:15 AM
    Pelfreybilt

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    I am so sorry for your loss... I can't imagine the pain healing very quickly... it's so painful. Appreciate your support! ♥

BadBrains[QUOTED] likes this.
  18. Apr 4, 2016 at 12:01 PM
    strmtrooper83

strmtrooper83 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Vehicle:
    2015 white DCSB TRD-OFFROAD
    none so far
    Cherish every moment you can Satin, even the hard ones :-( I lost my mom 3 years ago to Lukima and it was bad, the day after my birthday and we had fought, that fight was the last time I talked to her. Prayers to you and your family.

19. Apr 4, 2016 at 6:26 PM
    Pelfreybilt

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    Thank you so much for your prayers. I am oh so very sorry to hear of you losing your mom. My heart breaks for you! Sending a big hug & just want you to know that there's no way she left being angry with you; Mom's have a special kind of love for their children that no one will ever understand; they're able to forgive even when we mess up; they are able to see us for who we really are & love us in our weakness. She loved you & continues to love you from above! ;) Thanks again for your support & prayers! ♥

strmtrooper83[QUOTED] likes this.
  20. Apr 6, 2016 at 11:18 AM
    strmtrooper83

strmtrooper83 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Vehicle:
    2015 white DCSB TRD-OFFROAD
    none so far
    Thank you Satin! You and Tyler are great people, Heaven is going to be a brighter place when it's your dad's time like it was my moms.

Kyitty and Pelfreybilt[OP] like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top