1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A quick tire review...

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by badguybuster, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Dec 6, 2010 at 1:12 PM

badguybuster [OP] Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2009
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    2008 Tundra Off Road SR5
    6000K HID Headlights 6000k HID Fog Lights Window visors (all 4) Tri-Fold Tonno Bedlined Rockers Bedlined Bumpers Bilstein 5100 Toytec 1/2" spacers 3" TSB Leafs and AAL's (Toytec) Differential 1" Drop Sway Bar Relocators BHLM Mod Debadged Pro Comp 7089s Hankook Dynapro 35" M/T's Billett Grill 55 watt fog lights in grill 55 watt fog lights on Pre-Runner Light Bar Rear Bilstein 5100's Flowmaster Super 10's Yellow Fog Light Mod Titanium Burl Wood Grain Dash Mod Leather Arm Rest Mod TRD Steering wheel Mod Painted Engine Cover Painted Fuse Box TRD Seat Belt Covers Bed Light Mod Extended/Braided Brake Lines Back up light mod
    As most of you know, a couple months back i upsized to 35/13/18's in Hankook Dynapro M/T's. So, far it has mostly been hwy (really good on hwy for mud tire, not much noise and they are wearing pretty well), mud performance has been better than exceptible but not fantastic. Yesterday, I got to try them out in snow and ICE. The roads were pretty wet, then we got about 3 inches of good snow and ice on top of that. It was slicker than snot. These tires are fantastic. I lived at the top of a very steep hill. My neighbor has a jeep cherokee and had to walk up. The folks below me had to be pushed off to the side of the road but I climbed right up. The tires have about 12,000 miles on them and I have lost 1/4 of the tread. Not bad, all things considered. We are supposed to get an additional 2-4 inches over the next couple days, I can't wait to see how they do in deeper snow.

To Top