1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A/T Filter (pic) Is this it?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by dustinuhls, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Dec 7, 2009 at 3:30 AM
    dustinuhls

dustinuhls [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Manhattan, KS
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4wd
    Icon Coilovers, Magnaflow, K&N Intake
    Specs: '01 Tacoma DoubleCab 4x4 V6 4spd Auto (19 bolt pan).
    Truck has 70K miles and not sure if the trans fluid has been changed. Bought it w/ 45K from dealership, but I guess that doesn't mean they've serviced it before.
    My auto trans has been acting up and I'm in the process of doing a drain and refill a couple times (doing the 2nd drain/fill tomorrow) to get the old fluid out and then drop the tranny pan and change/clean the filter. The old fluid I got out was pretty dirty looking and not very red anymore. I've read on several threads that it's just a screen that you clean and reinstall, but I went to several parts stores and they show this A/Trans Filter Kit:
    [​IMG]
    There is a "screen" inside this filter, but it's a sealed unit with no way to take it out and clean it. Is this what mine will look like (haven't dropped the pan before)? If so, why does everyone say to clean it and not replace it? This kit is less than $30.
    I'm just hoping this will fix my shifting problem. It started shifting hard while engaging 4th. 1st-3rd shift smooth. The shift lever also started to bind up a little after I did the first drain/fill, but doesn't do it all the time. Not sure what that's all about?!?
    Thanks ahead of time for any advice you may be able to give.

2. Dec 7, 2009 at 6:41 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    That looks right. Its been a while since I did one though....

Products Discussed in

To Top