1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A-TRAC for 4cyl.

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by itsryan, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Mar 27, 2011 at 5:51 PM
    HomeGrown

HomeGrown Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    South Bend, IN
    Vehicle:
    2014 Reg Cab 4WD
    Yeah, there are some beautiful places here as well. I don't often get to enjoy them, but we're going on a small vacation to Kentucky Lake next week. Looking forward to some time away from work. :)

LOL, I can't stop looking at that spread of food in your pic, it looks SO good! My wife and I were in San Antonio for 6 months last year while I was working on installing the Tacoma equipment from NUMMI. There was some incredible Mexican food there, *ALMOST* as good as what we had in Tecate. The tacos I had there were just their standard fare, but they really set the bar as my new benchmark for tacos.

So, when we were in San Diego my co-worker was telling me about a specific place in Tijuana that was basically a street full of shops that attracts tourists, just across the border. He tells me there's a pull-off, just before you get to the border. "Can't miss it", he says. Well, I manage to miss it and before I know it, I'm through the gates. No guards, gates wide open, drive right in. Crap, I did NOT want (nor was I supposed to) drive my rental Prius into Mexico. Now I'm looking for the best way to get back, so I circle around town and find the line of traffic to get back to the US (much like the pic on your web page). A policewoman (she was a woman, but not so sure she was a real cop) flagged us over, and told us in very broken english that we weren't supposed to have our rental car in Mexico, and the fine was $180. We didn't have that much on us, so after a few minutes of back & forth difficult communication, we gave her $40 and were on our way again.
    Took awhile to live that one down at work, it even made "news" back in KY before I got back! :D

2. Mar 27, 2011 at 8:43 PM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    You got suckered by a crooked cop... Police in Mexico are not allowed to take your money... Next time call their bluff if you didn't do anything wrong. There is also no 'law' about what kind of car you can drive into Mexico. In fact, there are rental agencies that have cars for Baja trips from the U.S..

If you did get caught speeding or running a red light... going to the judge is always cheaper and easier... Traffic fines in Mexico are very low. Don't be scared...

Not sure how you accidentally drove into Mexico... Even if you missed the last exit in San Ysidro... there is still one more before the line, signed :U-Turn to USA.

Anyway, makes for a good story!

3. Mar 27, 2011 at 8:50 PM
    RiderOnTheStorm

RiderOnTheStorm Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Looking to Buy!
    Could someone post the link or give an idea of what the yellow wire mod is, please??

4. Mar 27, 2011 at 8:55 PM
    Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    check my sig!!!

:)