1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AAL INSTALL HELP!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by gov875, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Oct 29, 2011 at 11:03 AM
    TMW

TMW Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma 4x4 SR5
    Light bar and bumper guard, 3/16 steel skid plates for engine, tranny and transfer box, OME 881 springs with 5100 shocks at mid clip. AAL in rear. Positraction rear diff.
    Clamping the leafs to start is the best way to go but if you don't put a bottle jack under the axle and raise it while using a large screwdriver down the hole. As you raise the axle you will be surprised how the hole moves into alignment. I had the same problem and when thru same ordeal with the first side but not the other side.

2. Oct 29, 2011 at 11:14 AM
    k9cop

k9cop if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Hogwarts
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    Move to Florida. We work on our trucks all year round. The offloading probably ain't as good tho.:) good luck on the truck it's gonna look great

3. Oct 30, 2011 at 8:04 AM
    gov875

gov875 [OP] WahooTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Pacific Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport DCLB
    Wet Okole's (front & rear), Weathertech Floormats (front & rear), cheap tailgate theft mod, extra d-rings, low profile toolbox (flat black), Thule Roof Rack (58" load bars), Thule Ski/Snowboard Roof Rack, Blacked Out Badges, Fishing Bobber Trailer Ball Cover, AVIC-X930BT w/ XM & steering controls, 5100s All Around (front set at .85), Eibach Coils, Rear TSB, rear AAL, LR UCAs, Toytec Diff. Drop, Mudflap Delete, Tailgate Reinforcement, Spidertrax (all 4), 285 Nittos, Rear Diff Breather Extension, TRD Exhaust, Powered Rear Sliding Window, DeeZee Bedmat, rear-view anytime mod, trailer bracket relocate, fog light anytime mod, redline hood struts, Satoshi with Homertaco Custom TRD Mesh, Hella 500s behind the grill, Brighter Reverse Lights
    alright well i got one side done and the other side lined up and low and behold the nut on the center bolt cross threaded to hell on me. anyone know what size it is and thread? think i'm gonna have to go run and buy a new one... nothing's ever easy here...

4. Oct 30, 2011 at 8:21 AM
    gov875

gov875 [OP] WahooTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Pacific Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport DCLB
    Wet Okole's (front & rear), Weathertech Floormats (front & rear), cheap tailgate theft mod, extra d-rings, low profile toolbox (flat black), Thule Roof Rack (58" load bars), Thule Ski/Snowboard Roof Rack, Blacked Out Badges, Fishing Bobber Trailer Ball Cover, AVIC-X930BT w/ XM & steering controls, 5100s All Around (front set at .85), Eibach Coils, Rear TSB, rear AAL, LR UCAs, Toytec Diff. Drop, Mudflap Delete, Tailgate Reinforcement, Spidertrax (all 4), 285 Nittos, Rear Diff Breather Extension, TRD Exhaust, Powered Rear Sliding Window, DeeZee Bedmat, rear-view anytime mod, trailer bracket relocate, fog light anytime mod, redline hood struts, Satoshi with Homertaco Custom TRD Mesh, Hella 500s behind the grill, Brighter Reverse Lights
    aw c'mon guys you were quick to help yesterday haha. toytec doesnt answer phones on weekends so i can't tell what size the nut is...

5. Oct 30, 2011 at 8:26 AM
    Taco76087

Taco76087 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Weatherford,Texas
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma prerunner TRD SR5
    Rockford Fosgate p2 10'', Q-Logic Enclosure, JVC KD-PDR30 Ipod Connection, Rockford p200.2 Amp, Clear Corners, KING Coilovers, Rancho Rear shocks FJ TRD Trail Teams Wheels with 285/75/16 Duratracs
    3/8 5" grade 8 bolts

6. Oct 30, 2011 at 8:28 AM
    gov875

gov875 [OP] WahooTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Pacific Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport DCLB
    you rule. thanks man. good thing i have the harley here and it's nice enough to ride today... off to autozone i go..

7. Oct 30, 2011 at 11:57 AM
    gov875

gov875 [OP] WahooTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Pacific Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport DCLB
    well i got it all done after the new bolt and a lot of pushing/grunting/banging my head on things putting the shock in. thanks everyone for all the help!!

8. Oct 30, 2011 at 12:01 PM
    Zac808

Zac808 Custom User Title

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Viva Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD DC SB 4x4
    In my sig
    Congrats

9. Oct 30, 2011 at 12:08 PM
    ajohnson

ajohnson Glamour Shot

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB TRD Sport Prerunner 4x4
    Things and stuff and such
    Good job, glad you finally got it done :D

10. Oct 30, 2011 at 3:22 PM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    Sweet man! I know the feeling of having one prob after another! Nothings ever as easy as it seems but that's part of the fun! Let's see some pics......I like that color!

11. Oct 30, 2011 at 6:30 PM
    gov875

gov875 [OP] WahooTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Pacific Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport DCLB
    haha problems was the name of this job. so much for easy. definitely a good experience though and nice to know i did it myself and did it right. i'll snap some pics tomorrow i was too busy pickin up the tools and grabbin some brews to watch football to take any today. nothing felt funny driving it so i think all went well :D

12. Oct 31, 2011 at 1:34 PM
    gov875

gov875 [OP] WahooTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Pacific Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport DCLB
    here are some pics of it finally done, truck was still dirty but is cleaned up as of 3 minutes ago:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

plannin to take off friday to put on the front 5100s and the LR UCAs.
    new tires delivered today too, glad i was home to sign for them:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top