1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AAl or full leaf pack

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by socal19, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Nov 10, 2009 at 1:15 AM
    socal19

socal19 [OP] TACOMA03

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    03 tacoma pre runner
    2.5" Front spacers, 16inch wheelers steel wheels on 265-75-R16 BFG All Terrain, N-FAB prerunner bar, Flowmaster Exhaust
    hey guys i havent decided what to chose i wanted about 2 to 3 inch lift in the rear.....i need help with the rear i was looking at the allpro complete rear leaf pack its 3 inches of lift....it says not for hauling anything i mean i barely haul thjings and when i go out camping i take what i need and my dirtbike do you guys think i should be fine..or does anybody have any other ideas or other places for less....The allpro offroad complete rear kit is 499.99 comes with everything you need

2. Nov 10, 2009 at 7:52 AM
    Alan11116

Alan11116 New Member

Member:
    I have used Old Man Emu springs for several years and really like them. They give about 2.5" of lift. I haven't hauled anything as heavy as a dirt bike though.

3. Nov 10, 2009 at 7:57 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I'd vote for the new leaf pack any day. Take a look at the OME stuff...They have a rear lift pack and for the most part are considered to be pretty good for load capacity.

4. Nov 10, 2009 at 8:10 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Full leaf pak for sure..... and just because 'they' tell you that you can't haul anything, doesn't mean you can't. It's their way of CYA.

(cover your ass)

5. Nov 10, 2009 at 10:41 AM
    dylandercole

dylandercole Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 TRD 4x4 5-speed
    sway-a-way 2.0 coilovers, 1.5'' AAL, 1'' toytec shackle lift, Go-Rhino 3000 Grille Guard, Kicker KS6502 speakers, JVC KD-S24 Head unit, billstein 5125 rear shocks, Deck Plate mod, K&N air filter, Wheelers offroad front and rear braided brake lines, diff breather mod, power slot rotors, ebc yellow stuff pads
    i have an AAL and shackles and the rudes kind of crappy. Once I get the $$$ Im going to get new packs.

6. Nov 10, 2009 at 11:50 AM
    Siebler

Siebler Duck Killing Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    CJ
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    99 Long Travel 5 lug, 01 Tundra 4wd
    TC LT Front, F67 on 12" shackle, LCE Underdrive Pulley, Flex-a-lite fan, DT headers, Super 44 muffler, 4:11's and Aussie Locker, 22 Gallon Fuel Cell, Beard seats, sliders, bed cage
    Beefed Taco and I built a leaf pack using Stock leafs, the Deaver AAL Pack that replaces your Overload and a Fabtech aal that i was running before. I am REALLY happy with it. Great travel, great ride, great price. I also have this paired with a 1.5" Shackle from Fabtech but Brian is now making shackles and they are really nice and beefy.

Products Discussed in

To Top