1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AAL or New Leaf Pack

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by TN_Tacoma, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Feb 2, 2017 at 4:53 PM
    TN_Tacoma

TN_Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 Taco PreRunner SR5 DCSB
    K&N CAI, MBRP Cat-Back Exhaust, 265-75-16s Nitto Terra Grappler, Tuff A.T. 15s 16 inch wheels, 1.25" wheel spacers, black bumper, bumper light bar in grill, CB radio, Aftermarket speakers and 2 10 inch subs, LED odometer mod
    Hey yall i have everything I want and planned out for my 3" lift I am going to do soon. But was curious to know if I should do an AAL or get a new leaf pack for lift in the rear?

I dont have time to go offroading or on the trails more than about 2-3 times a month. And I have a toolbox in the bed with about 150lbs of tools in it constantly. I dont haul much in the bed for long durations except for putting about 200lbs of sand bags in rear for winter to get more traction since I do have a prerunner. So would i be better off with an AAL for my needs or just get a new leaf pack?

2. Feb 2, 2017 at 4:58 PM
    Darth_Yota

Darth_Yota I intend to live forever, or die trying.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam-moron
    Somewhere USA
    Vehicle:
    Dented, broken-down ‘08 hoopty
    Ain’t good’nuff for insta
    Leaf pack if you wanna go all the way. I'd suggest the old man emu dakars, or the all pro leaf pack. They make an "expo" variant which is designed to hold a continuous 300lbs in the bed.

I am running an AAL at the moment. It's been good, but not enough. I purchased the allpro expo leaf packs and I'm going to be installing them in the next week hopefully. I can let you know how it compares.

3. Feb 2, 2017 at 6:41 PM
    TN_Tacoma

TN_Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 Taco PreRunner SR5 DCSB
    K&N CAI, MBRP Cat-Back Exhaust, 265-75-16s Nitto Terra Grappler, Tuff A.T. 15s 16 inch wheels, 1.25" wheel spacers, black bumper, bumper light bar in grill, CB radio, Aftermarket speakers and 2 10 inch subs, LED odometer mod
    Thank you. I was looking at either the expos or OME dakars if i went with leaf pack. But how much has your aal settled over time?

4. Feb 2, 2017 at 7:19 PM
    Darth_Yota

Darth_Yota I intend to live forever, or die trying.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam-moron
    Somewhere USA
    Vehicle:
    Dented, broken-down ‘08 hoopty
    Ain’t good’nuff for insta
    Probably a little more than other people. I have a lot of weight over the rear wheels between my ladder rack (100lbs) misc tools (10-100lbs) and my welding machine occasionally (500lbs) so more than most. Getting pretty flat

Products Discussed in

To Top