1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

about magnaflow mufflers.......

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by ak.rideon, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Oct 3, 2010 at 2:12 PM
    ak.rideon

ak.rideon [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Seward AK
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma sr5 limited
    98 limited with air raid throttle body spacer, volt 4300k hids, vortec muffler, magnaflow spun cat, clear corner lights, led tail lights, alpine cda-117, alpine type r 10 in a sealed box and a alpine 500w mono amp.
    i just purchased a maggie muffler part # 10415. anybody satisfied with their magnaflow muffler? i havent recieved the muffler yet. just wantin some opinions. thanx

2. Oct 3, 2010 at 2:24 PM
    08BajaBoy

08BajaBoy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Southern Cal
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail PreRunner
    AFE Pro Dry S air filter, Magnaflow muffler, FabTech DirtLogic UCA, FabTech 2.5 remote resi (front) and 2.25 remote resi (rear)
    I have on on my truck. I put a turn-down right after the muffler. It is a bit thoatier-sounding (sp???). It's not annoying at all at highways speeds. IMO a good choice for the price.

3. Oct 3, 2010 at 2:30 PM
    ak.rideon

ak.rideon [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Seward AK
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma sr5 limited
    98 limited with air raid throttle body spacer, volt 4300k hids, vortec muffler, magnaflow spun cat, clear corner lights, led tail lights, alpine cda-117, alpine type r 10 in a sealed box and a alpine 500w mono amp.
    nice. with the same muffler i ordered? or a diff one. im pretty sure im gonna be satisfied. my other choice of muffler before the maggie was a cherry bomb vortex which didnt sound bad on a 3.4

4. Oct 3, 2010 at 7:22 PM
    MaxN1

MaxN1 New Member

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    03 PreRunner Tacoma
    TRD Supercharger Magnaflow exhaust (new) Drilled front disc brake rotors K&N Air Filter aftermarket grille XM radio ScangaugeII
    I'd always been interested in an exhaust and finally got the Magnaflow about 2 months ago, after 80k miles. Very strange to hear it the first time because you realize the stock muff was completely quiet (the engine isn't quiet, but the muffler was). Now I think it sounds great.
    More important, it is quicker, but drives substantially better. Supercharger has always been good to have, but the Magnaflow seems to have fixed the hesitation so the truck is a ton more driveable, much more fun, and not as annoying. I think it seems to have helped with that annoying habit that the truck always downshifts at the slightest acceleration you give.
    But, only about a week ago after replacing the other O2 sensor have the check engine lights gone away for good after an annoying 6 weeks. Maybe both front & back O2 sensors were about to go, but if I'd known for sure I'd have done both sooner. Give the thing a few days to adapt w/ the fuel injection computer and it seems to run better after a couple days.
    Good luck & hope you like it
    J

Products Discussed in

To Top