1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

? About pedal trim and reflash recall

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by trd taco guy, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Dec 13, 2010 at 6:59 AM
    trd taco guy

trd taco guy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma trd sport
    So I was forced to go to the dealer the other day when I found out that my worn out wheel bearing was covered by a extended warranty. So of course when I got there they did the pedal trim and reflash as well. I'm okay with the pedal trim they did an alright job even though I was trying to avoid getting this done because in my opinion you have to be very dumb to actually let you floormat get stuck up there because mine is hooked in place very well. But the reflash made me think if it is supposed to allow the brakes to override the accelerator will that make it impossible to do a burn out? I don't go arround doing burn outs in fact I think I have only done one in my life but I don't like the idea of being limited in what I can do in my own vehicle.

2. Dec 13, 2010 at 9:48 AM
    gfiber

gfiber Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black TRD Sport Access Cab
    TRD sport pkg, Towing Pkg, Ham radio installation, bed lights, front 32 inch LED Bar behind the grill.
    My dealer told me that brake over ride only comes into play at 70% throttle.

So get the Tacoma all reved up a bit Release the brake then mash the pedal, You will likely be able to do burn outs rather than power braking it.

Do enough of them, the tire salesman will send you a thank you card. ;)

3. Dec 13, 2010 at 10:40 AM
    trd taco guy

trd taco guy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma trd sport
    Just got new tires so not doing any burnoose soon was just wondering if the reflash would limit the ability to if I ever wanted to

Products Discussed in

To Top