1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

About to order...

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by supermatt82, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Dec 15, 2011 at 11:19 AM
    supermatt82

supermatt82 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Scotland, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner Double Cab, 2010 Toyota 4Runne
    Seatbelt Chime, Ammo Toolbox, 12V Power in Bed, Maglight Mount, Console Organizer, AFE ProDry S air Filter, Remove Secondary Air Filter, Inside/Outside Temp Gauge Install, 3" Lift, Tinted Windows
    Getting ready to pull the trigger on new wheels and tires, as my stockers are worn out. Going on my 2010 PreRunner I added a 2.5" spacer and add-a-leaf. Going with an All-Terrain tires, as I do a lot of highway driving, and minimal offroad. Right now, I have the stock 16" steel rims with 245 tires.

I am really considering the MB 72 MB Motoring in a 17" in Black. With my lift, should I go with a 265 tire, or something else? I like the look of the wheels and tires at a wide stance. Just curious of some other opinions. I have search the forum, and even Googled, but can't seem to really find an pics that do justice. The tires I'm considering are Falken Rocky Mountain ATS on MB Wheels 72

If anyone has any opinion, criticism, or just info in general for me (and pics are always welcome!!!!) please share! I really enjoy this forum, as it always seems to have the answer!

2. Dec 15, 2011 at 2:29 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    With the wheels you have selected, you could run 265/70/17 with zero trimming, or if you are okay with trimming some of the fender well and possibly chopping your cab mounts, you can fit 285/70/17's.

3. Dec 15, 2011 at 4:18 PM
    BrettBretterson

BrettBretterson Wild Ginger

Member:
    Bothell, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB TRD OR 4x4
    5100's
    Like KPT said, you could make a 285 work, but if you're doing mostly highway driving I would suggest sticking with a 265/70/17. A 265 will look way better than a 245, will give you no fitment issues, and will save you gas mileage.

4. Dec 16, 2011 at 12:13 PM
    supermatt82

supermatt82 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Scotland, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner Double Cab, 2010 Toyota 4Runne
    Seatbelt Chime, Ammo Toolbox, 12V Power in Bed, Maglight Mount, Console Organizer, AFE ProDry S air Filter, Remove Secondary Air Filter, Inside/Outside Temp Gauge Install, 3" Lift, Tinted Windows
    Thanks for the info.....I think the 265 is what I'm going with. I can't sacrifice to much gas mileage, as that is why I bought the truck in the first place! Found a few more pics online, some on FJ's, and I like the look. Thanks for the help, guys!

Products Discussed in

To Top