1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ABS disable mod for 05+ Tacomas w/o VSC & locking diff write up *pics*

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by rodstone, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Sep 13, 2012 at 1:09 PM
    Mxpatriot

Mxpatriot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 AP LT and Locked
    Tag for future reference

2. Sep 26, 2012 at 10:23 AM
    nut

nut she'll ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Totaled
    TRD SKEWP DCSB 4x4 Silver Mica | URD TCAI/MAF CAL | BHLM | GrillCraft | FF Sliders | LED's All Around | 12v Constant On | EGR In Channel | 15% Tint | Trimmed mud flaps | Fog Light Anytime Mod | Debadged | Tailgate Hoseclamp | DTRL Switch | Disabled Lock Beep/Seatbelt Chime | Husky Liners | HID's | BedRug | WO Seat Covers | ABS Kill Switch | Oil Catch Can | Viper 5704 | Custom Carbon Cabin Filter | Backup Camera Anytime | 400W Anytime | In Cab Outlet W/USB | Firestone Ride Rites | Ams Oil All Around | 32" LED In Lower Grill | BlackVue DR500GW-HD |
    For $12 shipped I have the male/female pigtails to do the mod Landphils way so you don't have to cut the factory wiring harness. The pins are big and are very easy to remove with almost no risk of damaging the plastic connector housing. PM me if anyone is interested.

Edit: shipping to canadia will be extra

3. Oct 6, 2012 at 8:27 AM
    nut

nut she'll ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Totaled
    TRD SKEWP DCSB 4x4 Silver Mica | URD TCAI/MAF CAL | BHLM | GrillCraft | FF Sliders | LED's All Around | 12v Constant On | EGR In Channel | 15% Tint | Trimmed mud flaps | Fog Light Anytime Mod | Debadged | Tailgate Hoseclamp | DTRL Switch | Disabled Lock Beep/Seatbelt Chime | Husky Liners | HID's | BedRug | WO Seat Covers | ABS Kill Switch | Oil Catch Can | Viper 5704 | Custom Carbon Cabin Filter | Backup Camera Anytime | 400W Anytime | In Cab Outlet W/USB | Firestone Ride Rites | Ams Oil All Around | 32" LED In Lower Grill | BlackVue DR500GW-HD |
    about to wire this up. is the ground necessary? I notice when i disconnect the wire from the connector that the dash lights up trac etc... and when i connect it back they turn off (without cycling the ignition).

edit: so i wired it all up and included the ground. my ABS doesnt come on, only trac off and car with squigly lines. same as when you hold the trac button down for 15 seconds. if you just hit the track button when the auto lsd and squigly car come on, and you flip the switch it alternates between auto lsd and trac. see video below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr_s9TKrgg0

so is this killing my ABS???

4. Oct 6, 2012 at 10:47 AM
    nut

nut she'll ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Totaled
    Disregard my last post, I didn't realize the ABS light was on the farthest right dial it turns on and everything works great! Just wasnt looking in the right spot ha ha

5. Jan 17, 2013 at 11:50 PM
    uscg2008

uscg2008 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    coby
    San Diego, CA originally from Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 trd sr5 four door 4x4
    CLICK ON SIGNATURE>>>>
    Going to be doing this method tomorrow.... Gana just do the whole cut the green wire splice in a switch to open and close the circuit so the abs will turn on and off on the fly

6. Dec 4, 2013 at 7:40 PM
    Jerez

Jerez SoCal LED Dash Swap

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 2wd converted to 4wd
    Estock
    so just did this mod like posted above...:thumbsup: works good.
    just i hate running wires into the cab :rolleyes:

7. Dec 6, 2013 at 8:33 PM
    Broseph Stalin

Broseph Stalin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Santa Barbara
    Vehicle:
    '10 white dbl cab LB trd sport
    15% tint , Bak Flip G2 tonneau cover, poplock WeatherTech mats, FX-R retrofit, BHLM, eyelids, smoke Lamin-X, daystar leveling kit, studded snow tires and a shitload of sand bags
    Just did the mod with green wire and it worked, i then pulled the wires off the switch to switch them(and see if i could switch direction of switch) and the e-brake & abs light will not turn off now. Tried resetting the battery and still have the problem. Checked the ABS 30w fuses and they dont look burned..ideas?

8. Dec 6, 2013 at 8:37 PM
    Jerez

Jerez SoCal LED Dash Swap

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 2wd converted to 4wd
    Estock
    This was for the 2005-2008 trucks...they don't come with vsc, auto LSD etc...I believe yours does and there's a different write up if I'm not mistaken

9. Dec 6, 2013 at 8:40 PM
    Sandman614

Sandman614 Ex-Snarky TWSS elf, Travis #hotsavannahdotcom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garner, NC/Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    '06 SR5 Off Road
    ARB Front Bumper, Projector Headlights w/Slimcubby 4300K HID's, Oznium LED's, LED taillights, DIY Washable Cabin Moose Filter, Sockmonkey SR5 Off Road, Aux Audio plug, OME 886x, OME Nitrochargers, Wheelers 3 Leaf Progressive AAL, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, Dodge D-Rings
    What else doesn't work? Radio, windows, A/C, speedo?
    Replace the IGN 1 No. 2 fuse

You probably accidentally grounded the other side of the circuit. The fuse may not look or test bad but replace it. I checked all of mine half a dozen times (3 different ways) and couldn't find a bad fuse until the last try.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  10. Dec 6, 2013 at 8:51 PM
    Broseph Stalin

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Santa Barbara
    Vehicle:
    15% tint , Bak Flip G2 tonneau cover, poplock WeatherTech mats, FX-R retrofit, BHLM, eyelids, smoke Lamin-X, daystar leveling kit, studded snow tires and a shitload of sand bags
    YOU SIR ARE A FUCKING GENIUS!!! thankyou SOOOOO much :dancingbacon:

11. Dec 6, 2013 at 8:54 PM
    Sandman614

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garner, NC/Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    '06 SR5 Off Road
    ARB Front Bumper, Projector Headlights w/Slimcubby 4300K HID's, Oznium LED's, LED taillights, DIY Washable Cabin Moose Filter, Sockmonkey SR5 Off Road, Aux Audio plug, OME 886x, OME Nitrochargers, Wheelers 3 Leaf Progressive AAL, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, Dodge D-Rings
    :thumbsup: I put it in my sig so I don't have to go chase down the answer anymore. I was pissed, frantically trying everything while on a trail. Such a pain in the ass. This is a great mod dispite. Enjoy it.

What number is that fuse?

12. Dec 6, 2013 at 8:56 PM
    Broseph Stalin

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Santa Barbara
    Vehicle:
    it was the same one that you said, you saved me alot of time and frustration, so thankful

13. Dec 6, 2013 at 8:58 PM
    Sandman614

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garner, NC/Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    '06 SR5 Off Road
    I mean the actual location.

14. Dec 7, 2013 at 5:22 PM
    tacomafide

tacomafide Cheese it in there!

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCLB TRD Sport+Leather Pkg.
    de-badged, de-stickered, no jewlery, level kit (removed after second front dif), tint, skid plate (now dented), front tow hook off of Land Cruzer, reciever d hook (cleavis), yellow wire mod, abs kill sw. mod, window visors, stubby antena, anytime reverse lights mod, anytime reverse camera mod, blizzacks on stealies, bed lights mod, weathertec mats allround,
    To all the folks that put your ABS kill sw. In an inconspicuous spot, GOOD FOR YOU!!
    took truck in to dealer to have seat heater fixed. They bumped my dash mounted sw. Freaked out over the ABS "codes" they were getting. Reflashed truck with kill sw in the "killed" state. Now as soon as you start the truck and move a couple inches the TRAC light comes on and all my safety and traction features don't work. Had tons of fun explaining this one but now they flashed again with kill sw in "normal" state and all is well.
    Sept all my GD presets...........

FishingInSand likes this.
  15. Dec 9, 2013 at 1:53 PM
    armyofsquirrels

armyofsquirrels Embrace the Suck!

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Sykesville MD
    Vehicle:
    2015 V6 6Spd Tacoma DCSB Offroad in Pyrite Mica
    See Build Page.
    Where is a good place to mount it I was thinking one of the dummy plates next to the trac off.

16. Dec 9, 2013 at 7:08 PM
    tacomafide

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    de-badged, de-stickered, no jewlery, level kit (removed after second front dif), tint, skid plate (now dented), front tow hook off of Land Cruzer, reciever d hook (cleavis), yellow wire mod, abs kill sw. mod, window visors, stubby antena, anytime reverse lights mod, anytime reverse camera mod, blizzacks on stealies, bed lights mod, weathertec mats allround,
    I think that is a better spot than I chose. In your truck that is in the center down low right??
    In my truck I put it in one of the blanks by your left knee....

17. Dec 9, 2013 at 7:12 PM
    tacomafide

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
  18. Dec 9, 2013 at 7:17 PM
    BBtacosurfer

BBtacosurfer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    ID
    Vehicle:
    MGM 2012 4x4
    I didn't read through all 10 pages but with the TRD OR version just put in 4 LO with the locker engaged and ABS is automatically disabled? I guess if you don't have the TRD OR version this is the same thing!

19. Dec 9, 2013 at 7:22 PM
    tacomafide

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
  20. Dec 9, 2013 at 11:10 PM
    armyofsquirrels

armyofsquirrels Embrace the Suck!

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Sykesville MD
    Vehicle:
    2015 V6 6Spd Tacoma DCSB Offroad in Pyrite Mica
    See Build Page.
    I don't remember ABS going out in my SR5 trac and stability go out.

Products Discussed in

To Top