1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

abs issues

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by EL TACOROJO, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Jun 13, 2009 at 7:36 AM
    EL TACOROJO

EL TACOROJO [OP] SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.

Member:
    First Name:
    BURRY
    south mills NORCAK
    Vehicle:
    03 dblcab prerunner sr5 v6
    smoked taillights,smoked front turnsignals,smoked 3rd brake light,black badges,black roof rack,removed mud flaps,debadged, camburg 2.5 coilovers,camburg uca's, cobra 25 cb, 4ft firestick ant, dust light/bed lights , 4 hellas on the front
    i am having issues with my abs light being on all the tim . i have had the gasket in the rear replaced 3 times 2 of which were the dealers fualt . do you or would any body think the sensors were damaged during repairs.

2. Jun 13, 2009 at 7:40 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rubicon Unlimited,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    I think your gonna have to have a OBD2 reader check to see what the issue is.

3. Jun 13, 2009 at 7:45 AM
    EL TACOROJO

Member:
    First Name:
    BURRY
    south mills NORCAK
    Vehicle:
    smoked taillights,smoked front turnsignals,smoked 3rd brake light,black badges,black roof rack,removed mud flaps,debadged, camburg 2.5 coilovers,camburg uca's, cobra 25 cb, 4ft firestick ant, dust light/bed lights , 4 hellas on the front
    i have had code scanners on the truck countless times and noone can give me an answer. even the dealership. that and i have a bad o2 sensor

4. Nov 11, 2009 at 5:01 AM
    JShoot

JShoot Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2000 SR 5 4x4
    I have had the same problem with the 2000 Tacoma I just bought. Not sure what it is at this point. Will be interested to see what everyone suggests.

Thanks,
    J.Shoot

5. Nov 11, 2009 at 5:04 AM
    EL TACOROJO

Member:
    First Name:
    BURRY
    south mills NORCAK
    Vehicle:
    well i forgot about i had this open. come to find out the abs rings in the rear are rusted to shit . found this out when i pulled the passenger side rear axle out

6. Nov 11, 2009 at 7:51 AM
    STLharry

STLharry Lube: It's the key to penetration.

Member:
    First Name:
    Harry
    VT
    Vehicle:
    Yeti Rescue Package with 240k miles
    '95-'97 camouflaged, ARB bull bar, RAT Products skid plate kit, sliders, Green Mountain Customs rear tube bumper and overland bed rack, King coilovers with Icon neoprene covers, defenestrated sway bar, OME Rear Suspension: CS046R leafs + AAL/5125 shocks/NWOR greasable hardware/U-bolt flip kit; S13WL Tundra calipers/pads/rotors, IPF H4 lenses and bulbs, IPF 968 DCG 100W lights, clapped out CB radio, Aussie-spec FJ60 inclinometer, ARB CKMA12 compressor, Superwinch S9000 with 12V Guy clock switch, 4' Hi-Lift, deckplate mod/grey wire mod/dif breather extensions, Duratrac tires, Sockmonkey bedside decals, boat cupholder, Dakine bike pad
    Who needs ABS...I dont have it!

probably costs a boatload to fix...just disable it.

7. Nov 11, 2009 at 11:13 AM
    EL TACOROJO

Member:
    First Name:
    BURRY
    south mills NORCAK
    Vehicle:
    yeah thats pretty much what i said . probally fix it when i replace the seals and bearings on it

8. Nov 12, 2009 at 4:46 AM
    JShoot

JShoot Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2000 SR 5 4x4
    What is the easiest way to disable the ABS, this is just a ranch truck for me so I really don't need it!!!

To Top