1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AC Blows cold. So does my Heat...HELP

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by poorkid99, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Sep 15, 2011 at 7:36 AM
    poorkid99

poorkid99 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    so, i went to change the bulbs for my climate control. little did i know that the bulbs were easily removable.

I took the climate controls out of the dash and began taking apart the climate control knobs. i did not notice that i could just unscrew the bulbs. anyways, since i put everything back together my ac works great but my heat does not work at all. now, i used the heat about a month ago and it seemed to work fine. so i dont know if i broke something when fiddling around changing out the bulbs or if something happened in the meantime. if you guys can help me out or point me in the right direction for this that would be great.
    thanks.

2. Sep 15, 2011 at 11:06 AM
    TacoDawgs

TacoDawgs Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 Radiant Red DCSB TRD OR 4x4
    Front 5100s at 1.75. Rear TSB. LoRider tonneau cover. OEM bed mat. OEM bug deflector. Illuminated 4x4 switch. In cab AC outlets. 400W anytime. EGR in channel window visors. Black badges. Rear weathertech liners.
    Had this happen a few months ago on mine. Took it in since it was still under warranty and they said some door associated with the climate control system was getting stuck and they unstuck it. I know this isn't much help but it's the best I can do.

3. Sep 15, 2011 at 11:25 AM
    poorkid99

Member:
    hm, that may make sense. about a month ago the truck would constantly blow super hot air. maybe that door was open.

4. Sep 15, 2011 at 11:28 AM
    sick 3.4 tacoma

sick 3.4 tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    portland Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2003 double cab 4x4
    elite bumper, xrc8 winch, 12in sub, cb, flowmaster, deck plate mod, 3in lift.
    You might have a air bubble in your coolant and that could cause it

5. Sep 15, 2011 at 5:44 PM
    poorkid99

Member:
    i noticed that both pipes going into the truck at the firewall are hot.

also, it does not seem like the dial that controls which vents are working is actually working. when i change from feet to defrost nothing happens. it just blows out of every vent. any help would be great

6. Sep 15, 2011 at 7:05 PM
    Navigator

Navigator Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DC Sport 6spd
    17" American Racing Assaults on 265/70/17 Goodyear AT/S, TRD Exhaust, TRD CAI, Toyota Roof Rack, XM install with antenna out 3rd brake light, Red LED Map Lights, AUX Amber LED rocker switch for LED footwell lights, LUND Bug Screen, EXTANG Tri-Fold Tonneau, Hertz Component Speakers w/ TacoTunes Mounts, Infinity Kappa 4 amp, Image Dynamics 10" sub in TacoTunes enclosure, Pop n' Lock, Toyota Aluminum Wedge Running Boards, BHLM, Self Performed '05 Cowl Leak TSB, E-Z Cool Insulation/Sound Deadener applied to floorboard, headliner, and cab bulkhead, 896 Foglight bulbs as backup lights, Weathertechs, Pioneer Double Din, Scan Gauge, AutoSoft Remote Start, 2010 4Runner Heated/Signal/Puddle Mirrors.
    I don't know where it is located on the Tacoma, however there will be a valve either inside or outside the truck near the firewall that controls the amount of coolant flowing into the heater core. The greater the restriction of flow, the closer to ambient air temperature you'll get out of the vents.

On the Freightliners we have at work, this valve is controlled by voltage, rotating the thermostat in the cab regulates the voltage going to the valve and either allows the valve to open, close, or end up somewhere in between.

You're best bet is to locate the valve, and then check the voltage going to it with a multimeter and see if it changes as you rotate the thermostat on the dash.

Someone who works on passenger vehicles for a living, should have more insight.

7. Sep 18, 2011 at 12:18 PM
    poorkid99

Member:
    ok, so it is actually my AC climate controls that are hacing the issues. i switched units with a friend of mine and his worked on my truck and would not on his. i also noticed if i push and hold on the temperature dial the heat and ac will work. but it will not make the connection without me holding them. anyone know where i can get one cheap
    or if there is a way to rig this thing up?

Products Discussed in

To Top