1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AC control led's

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by cvisinho, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Feb 1, 2016 at 4:00 PM
    cvisinho

cvisinho [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Sport DCSB new frame edition
    Bilstein 5100's, Eibach springs, Cali Raised Amber fogs,Cali Raised side projecting ditch lights, 17" gunmetal trd pro reps w/ falken wildpeaks, MESO interior lighting, Alpine ilx Android auto head unit, rear view camera, blue sea fuse panel, mbrp cat back, Morimoto retros in Depos, Ranch cap, triple black clazzios, DIY thin lip satoshi with FJ letters, oem roof rack, AJT climate knobs, slim sub behind rear seat, fosgate speakers all around, thule cap rack
    Im pretty sure i know what the answer to this question is but im looking for specific recommendations.

So i swapped out my AC control bulbs to led's probably a year ago or more.
    I used these.
    https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat...e/filter/Base_Type,NEO3,1,5029:?view=standard
    I always thought they were dim for led's. Im pretty certain it has to do with the directional beam pattern and the light spider scenario behind the controls.

That being said. What have some of you used to get max light output to the control panel?

Im considering just getting some #74 twist lock sockets and using a 3SMD led like below.
    http://www.amazon.com/LEDwholesaler...=UTF8&qid=1454371158&sr=8-18&keywords=#74+led

Has anyone done this with solid results?

2. Feb 2, 2016 at 9:38 AM
    cvisinho

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    Bilstein 5100's, Eibach springs, Cali Raised Amber fogs,Cali Raised side projecting ditch lights, 17" gunmetal trd pro reps w/ falken wildpeaks, MESO interior lighting, Alpine ilx Android auto head unit, rear view camera, blue sea fuse panel, mbrp cat back, Morimoto retros in Depos, Ranch cap, triple black clazzios, DIY thin lip satoshi with FJ letters, oem roof rack, AJT climate knobs, slim sub behind rear seat, fosgate speakers all around, thule cap rack
  3. Feb 2, 2016 at 8:22 PM
    lone_commander_

lone_commander_ They Call Me the Fireman!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2007 Silver Tacoma Sport (Prerunner)
    6in Pro Comp lift, 17in Pro Comp 05 series wheels, UWS black toolbox, Westin bulbar, Halo projector headlights, red lights and a siren for fire calls, etc.
    I saw on a thread somewhere that if you use the factory twist lock socket you can use a 74 wedge

4. Feb 3, 2016 at 6:41 AM
    cvisinho

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    Ill try and take apart an old factory bulb when I get a chance and see if these #74 fit

5. Feb 4, 2016 at 4:19 PM
    cvisinho

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    I ended up swapping them for some 3SMD i got off Amazon. Snug fit in the hole but definetly brighter than the 1 SMD

Products Discussed in

To Top