1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AC vent diversion into camper shell

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by hukster75, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Aug 24, 2016 at 7:47 PM
    hukster75

hukster75 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD
    Hi all
    Just ordered a new 2017 dclb OR and have a question with those who have camper shell. I have a German Shepard dog that will mostly be in the camper bed when traveling. I was wondering if anyone has done some mods that allows the AC vent to blow back into the camper shell so the dog can have some cool air. It gets pretty hot here in texas. I know you can open the rear window and leave the front camper shell window open so some air will travel from the cabin to the camper shell but i dont know if thats enough air to keep the trunk cool enough in 100 degree texas weather.

Thank you for your time.

2. Aug 24, 2016 at 7:54 PM
    Abrams65

Abrams65 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cliff
    Idaho transplant in WV
    Vehicle:
    16 Tundra Crewmax SR5 OR/15 Corolla S
    For Trucks
    GoCool 12V Portable Semi Truck Cab Air Conditioner
    [​IMG]

The Good
    • Exhaust-free
    • Long battery life
    • Big space for up to 40 lbs. of ice
    • 12v power cord
    The Bad
    • Battery is sold separately

The square shaped air conditioner by GoCool is available in grey color at Amazon store where it offers free shipment of the product. This sophisticated air conditioner comes with a 12 volt electrical cord and 6’ drainage hose. This unit works best for camps, tents, cars, trucks and vehicle cabins.

If you are worried about your pet in the car or enclosed areas where they stay most of the time because of heat then GoCool air conditioner is the best thing to get your worry away. It will give the best cool atmosphere in the area for a long time, long enough for you to stay relaxed. The best advantage using this is that it requires nothing at all except for some water and some ice.

3. Aug 24, 2016 at 9:10 PM
    hookembevo

hookembevo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma DCSB with 6MT
    Snugtop Rebel with some options Body Armor Rock Steps Rhino Mats Weathertech Mudflaps Radar detector hardwired to rear view mirror. Stereo upgrade: Amp: Arc Audio XDI805 LOC: AudioConnect LC7i Front Speakers: Hybrid Audio Technologies Claris 6.5 Rear Speakers: Hybrid Audio Technologies Mirus 5.25 Sub: Pioneer TS-SW2502S4 Box: Pioneer Ud-SW250T Bilstein 5100s OME 885 Springs Single Add-A-Leaf BFG KO2 265/75/16
  4. Aug 24, 2016 at 9:24 PM
    George1441

George1441 Much happier

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Vehicle:
    2016 Chevrolet Colorado Diesel

Products Discussed in

To Top