1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Access Cab owners, ever regret not getting a DC?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by praetorian300, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Mar 4, 2017 at 5:30 AM
    tacofish

tacofish Well-Known Member

Member:
    N NJ
    Vehicle:
    14 ext cab 4x4
    3/1 lowrange spacer lift 285/70/17 wildpeaks

When your alone didnt have to think you blame the dog

Got2ryde[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Mar 4, 2017 at 5:40 AM
    Plain Jane Taco

Plain Jane Taco ALL human beings deserve equal treatment

Member:
    USA
    Being a family of 4 and/or being able to haul around friends comfortably for more than a few minutes happens a lot more often than the need for a 6 ft bed. Besides, I have a Lund bed extender if I need it.

But you could always find a DCLB and render this whole conversation mute

3. Mar 4, 2017 at 5:43 AM
    Spare Parts

Spare Parts Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2022 Off Road Premium 4Runner Lunar Rock
    I had a 2009 AC loved the truck. Problem became the kids got big, had a just got the DC back in 09 I wouldn't have had to trade it.

JW87 likes this.
  4. Mar 4, 2017 at 5:46 AM
    LivinLoud

LivinLoud Miller Latte Advocate

Member:
    First Name:
    TJ
    Western mass
    Vehicle:
    ECOBOOST
    I mean… it’s a Ford, you don’t care
    I love my AC, but being newly married has made me wonder from time to time if I should strip it. I know the wife is going to want kids soon. The ONLY way I'd switch to a DC though is if it had a long bed. my last two chevy trucks were crewcabs with short beds and i hated not having the bedspace. My dad has a '16 DCLB and that thing is awesome! The only other benefit to a DC is the audio options, if you are into that, subwoofer set ups can be difficult in an AC. Also to add, someone mentioned the rear windows dont open on the 2nd gens, but mine has a slider (unless they meant on the suicide doors, then they are correct)

5. Mar 4, 2017 at 5:52 AM
    CudaRavage

CudaRavage Well-Known Member

Member:
    Parma, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2017 SR 4x4
    I got the access cab with rear seat delete. So happy I can carry lots of stuff back there and never have to take it out so people could sit there. People may ask me to haul stuff but I'll never have to play taxi again. When I had my jeep I just stopped carrying tools and stuff because I was always taking things out and putting them back in.

6. Mar 4, 2017 at 5:55 AM
    Spare Parts

Spare Parts Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2022 Off Road Premium 4Runner Lunar Rock
    You can put car seats in the back, works fine until the little legs get long and they can't bend at the knees due to the car seat. Then boosters seats worked fine, but then the kid just gets to big, I would say my son was about 11 when it started getting tight, but lasted a few more years of camping trips.

7. Mar 4, 2017 at 6:02 AM
    gainman

gainman Semper Fi

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Supercharged Manual
    Stuff
    Love the AC, no regrets at all. But I bought it with the international ton of using it as a 2 seater. No one sits in the back.

If you plan on using it to haul people regularly, get the double cab. If you plan on never carrying anyone, the access is the way to go

8. Mar 4, 2017 at 6:23 AM
    ChemDawg

ChemDawg Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2005 sr5 4x4
    No.
    I hate the look of 4 doors on a truck.
    Looks like a goofy like a limo truck.
    I take trips with wife& our 15yr old .
    Even had my mom join us a few times.
    No complaints. We're all close but space is fine....but then no one weights 200+lbs..
    :rofl:
    Girls are all 5ft.
    :eek::thumbsup:

Jgheck and 02Duck like this.
  9. Mar 4, 2017 at 6:33 AM
    Red-Paint

Red-Paint Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    2017 AC TRD
    Painted grill and rear bumper, Removed all badges and stickers, Tint, OME lift TRD wheels and BFGs on order.
    No.. No one rides back there. I like the long bed and if you get a DC and long bed the Taco is as long as my F250 long bed. I removed the fold down rear seats and head rest and replaced them with a flat surface (plywood) covered with a rubber mat that looks factory. Also removed the back panel and added peal and seal and the truck is quitier. Great for me the wife and dog in the back.

10. Mar 4, 2017 at 6:50 AM
    inesshell

inesshell blah blah blah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    All stock Superwhite 10' AC
    some doubts, we have to drill for rack options but i like the long bed since i cant fit a dclb in the garage

11. Mar 4, 2017 at 6:55 AM
    westdogtown

westdogtown Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma SR5 4X4 s
    For me the Access cab works just fine. Seldom have any back seat passengers and I need the extra foot of bed space I would lose with the DC. Just too short a bed with DC.

Norton likes this.
  12. Mar 4, 2017 at 6:57 AM
    Bajatacoma

Bajatacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Off-Road, SR5, 6 speed
    It's fine most of the time but sometimes I really wish I'd gotten the four door long bed.

13. Mar 4, 2017 at 7:10 AM
    Pigpen

Pigpen My truck is never clean

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    2012 AC Manual 4.0 4x4 Base Model
    Access cab toolbox/ dog bed with seats and headrests deleted, waterproof TRD seat covers, yellow wire mod, diff breather relocated to tail light, engine block heater, Leer topper with Yakima tracks and rack, Yakima rack on cab, Ride Rite with Daystar cradles, CBI hidden front hitch, wired for winch front and rear Warn quick connect, Warn x8000i on external carrier, sway bar delete, trailer plug relocated to bumper, Pelfreybilt IFS and Mid skids, ECGS front diff bushing, ARB CKMA12 compressor, 255/85/16 Backcountrry MT 3 load E tires on stock steel rims, Up2NoGood heated mirror kit, Husky X-act Contour front floor liners, Northstar AGM 24F battery, Pelfreybilt bolt on sliders with kickout and top plates, TRD Pro headlights, Depo smoked tail lights, Energy suspension body mount bushing kit, OME Dakar leaf packs with AAL, Billstein B110 rear shocks, OME 90021 front shocks with 885 coils, SPC LR UCAs, Up2NoGood 2wd low range mod, 4 Wheel Campers Grandby slide in camper
    There hasn't been a single time since I bought it new in 2012 that I've wished I had a double cab. The AC is everything I need.

Norton and ChemDawg like this.
  14. Mar 4, 2017 at 7:11 AM
    Boogyman

Boogyman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phoenix
    Coos Bay, OR
    Vehicle:
    BSP 06 4x4 SR5
    Fox 2.0 IFPs, superbumps, LR UCA, Walker Evans and Dakars
    I went from a DC to an AC and have never looked back. That bed was fucking useless and you still have 2 seats in the back. Uncomfortable but they're there if you need them.

15. Mar 4, 2017 at 7:32 AM
    Rotnik

Rotnik Well-Known Member

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    13' TRD OR AC V6 6MT - In spruce
    After 3 years I'm still happy with the ac. I use the 6 foot bed much more than I have a third passenger. My girlfriend fits fine in the back seat, bigger people can handle it for short trips. Honestly I think the leg room is still lacking in a D.C. I don't see the point unless you have kids, and I think I would get really sick of a 5 foot bed.

16. Mar 4, 2017 at 7:38 AM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    Access cab toolbox/ dog bed with seats and headrests deleted, waterproof TRD seat covers, yellow wire mod, diff breather relocated to tail light, engine block heater, Leer topper with Yakima tracks and rack, Yakima rack on cab, Ride Rite with Daystar cradles, CBI hidden front hitch, wired for winch front and rear Warn quick connect, Warn x8000i on external carrier, sway bar delete, trailer plug relocated to bumper, Pelfreybilt IFS and Mid skids, ECGS front diff bushing, ARB CKMA12 compressor, 255/85/16 Backcountrry MT 3 load E tires on stock steel rims, Up2NoGood heated mirror kit, Husky X-act Contour front floor liners, Northstar AGM 24F battery, Pelfreybilt bolt on sliders with kickout and top plates, TRD Pro headlights, Depo smoked tail lights, Energy suspension body mount bushing kit, OME Dakar leaf packs with AAL, Billstein B110 rear shocks, OME 90021 front shocks with 885 coils, SPC LR UCAs, Up2NoGood 2wd low range mod, 4 Wheel Campers Grandby slide in camper

They do make double cab long beds, you know...

Dogs and children fit back there fine. Adults can drive themselves if they want to go wherever it is you're going. My seats and headrests are in a box in my storage unit. A dog bed is much better use of that space.

17. Mar 4, 2017 at 7:42 AM
    Rotnik

Rotnik Well-Known Member

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    Double cab long bed wasn't for me. I wanted an or and a manual. Plus I feel like a dclb is so big it loses that mid size feel. When it's time for more space it'll be time for a tundra. More truck nearly same price.

Got2ryde likes this.
  18. Mar 4, 2017 at 7:44 AM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    Just remember to pull out. That way you won't need more interior space.

Got2ryde likes this.
  19. Mar 4, 2017 at 7:48 AM
    Rotnik

Rotnik Well-Known Member

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    Haha I like that advice. And the dog bed idea in the back seat. TW is always good for some real life lessons!

Spare Parts likes this.
  20. Mar 4, 2017 at 7:49 AM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    My dog bed is also a tool box. Pics are in my build - linked at the bottom.

File IFR likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top