1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Access Cab Roof Rack

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tanktodd, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Sep 15, 2009 at 5:46 AM

tanktodd [OP] Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    First Name:
    back on the right side of the bay, Ala
    08 Prerunner w/TRD Sport Pkg
    Limo tint in back w/ 20% on doors. Removed all badges. Stereo headunit, all new door speakers, 2 amps, and 10' sub...so far Black bullbar MotoMetals and 285/70/17 Duratracs. 3" OME springs in front and aal in back with tsb springs Black UWS tool box 5100's all around Plasti-dipped evo front end Fog light anytime mod OEM steps (for sale) HID fogs 55w 3000k HID heads 35 w 6000k "Cool white" dome & map lights
    Has anyone seen or put a nissan roof rack on a Tacoma access cab. I like the oem from toyota but its only for double cab. I really like the nissan rack and was wondering what everyone thought.
  2. Sep 15, 2009 at 6:18 AM

nermalgod Well-Known Member

May 17, 2008
    Madison, WI
    Offroad boat hauler
    Not going to brag.
    The sheet metal is pretty thin on the roof, and using the Nissan rack, that's all you would have to attach it to. I would imagine any load would depress the rack into the roof probably denting it.

I did a custom install of Yakima tracks on my cab. It spread the load over the entire roof span. I still worry about it because as I brake, I hear the roof flex when the mass of the load shifts forward. When I eventually sound deaden the cab, I will be reinforcing the roof with angle iron.

But if you are doing it just for looks, why not add a spoiler?
To Top