1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Access Cab Sub Enclosures...(Ideas?)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by chanes8cwu, May 14, 2010.

1. May 14, 2010 at 3:02 PM
    chanes8cwu

chanes8cwu [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Ellensburg, WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB Tacoma 4.0L
    Lookin for ideas to put subs in my 06 access cab. Anyone have any pics of what they got? Kinda limited as to what you can do with an access cab. Let me see!

2. May 14, 2010 at 3:05 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    Look in my build thread for pics. I built my own box that fits behind the console and between the back seats that sits a 10" Type-R Alpine. :cool:

Look in the audio/video section on here for others, there have been a few threads with this as the topic in the past and quite a few pics.

3. May 14, 2010 at 3:14 PM
    chanes8cwu

chanes8cwu [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Ellensburg, WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB Tacoma 4.0L
    That is probably the best one ive seen....are you making them? Have you tried to make the top part closest to the console flush? Let me know. Im assuming thats a 10"

4. May 14, 2010 at 8:27 PM
    TheOtherGuy

TheOtherGuy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cajun Country
    Vehicle:
    05 Access 4x4
    A ten wouldn't fit if you tried to make it flush. I built a box that is flush and has the sub facing down and the top of the box is solid and flush. It is good because I can throw stuff on top of it and now worry about it damaging the speaker. For example I can put a golf bag laying across the back seat and over the speaker. That's something you can do with a speaker facing up. The only down side is you can only fit an 8".

I don't have any drawings or anything but I built it imitating this design: http://www.soundoffaudio.com/item.cfm/id/2360

It took me about 3-4 hours to build it. If you are a more experienced carpenter you could do it much faster than that. It was my first time building a box so I had to figure it out as a went.

Products Discussed in

To Top