1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Access LE on my taco and RealTruck.com

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Infinus, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Oct 23, 2008 at 4:02 PM
    Infinus

Infinus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab SB TRD Sport
    Just wanted to give a big :thumbsup: to the Access LE. I'm fairly particular and after getting a BAKFLIP and Solid Fold in the mail and sending them both back I'm very happy with the Access cover.

The BAKFLIP clobbers any use of your side rails with their new setup. This caught me and the guys at RealTruck by suprise. I guess the older rail setup still allowed you to use the rails.

The Solid Fold had some horrible quality control issues. Seals were badly cut, others were stuck on crooked, the hinge seals were sometimes in place, sometimes not, and there was extra glue all over the sides of it. After reading about Extang's reputation on here I was horribly disappointed. I know at least one other member on this forum has had the same issues with their Solid Fold in the past week or so. I don't know if they've had a staff changeover or what but Extang's quality is down the crapper right now.....:puke:

The Access LE however is fantastic! Looks good, install was fairly straight forward, the seals are all good looking. They seem to have thought their product out very well and the fit and finish is superb.

As a side plug, I gotta say that Real Truck was a pleasure to deal with. They didn't give me crap about sending back 2 covers and Josh worked with me through the whole ordeal. I ended up a happy customer and will both recommend them and return to shop with them again in the future.

2. Oct 23, 2008 at 7:19 PM
    09tacoma

09tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    OKC
    Vehicle:
    4x4 off road
    access tonneau cover, smitty built side steps
    how much was the top?

3. Oct 23, 2008 at 9:25 PM
    Infinus

Infinus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab SB TRD Sport
    It's listed at $492.15. Sometimes they have small 5 to 15 percent discounts. It's best to just call in and talk to someone. Josh is familiar with the forums and what's going on with any available discounts.

Products Discussed in

To Top