1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Access Roll up Cover (Original)

Discussion in 'Truck Alterations' started by Fastrat, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Aug 21, 2015 at 2:32 PM
    Fastrat

Fastrat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Baja
    Ordered my access roll up a few days ago from Truck Alterations(great price), got off the Fedex truck today. Took me about an hour by myself, that's with taking my time to understand the directions. All in all a great cover. It WILL allow the use of the stock rail cleats(instructions say it doesn't). Only thing it doesn't allow is the turn 90 degrees to remove and install the cleats, this is because the rail is over the cleat and won't let you turn it that far. You have to slide the cleat all the way out the end of the rail....I could care less cause they stay in there all the time. Cover fits great and wasn't difficult to put on. You only need to take the two side rails off, not all rails inside the box as per instructions. Only thing I would do different is deviate from the instructions on cutting the rear rail weatherstrip(at the back end of the rail by the tailgate). I would not cut a notch in it like the instructions say, I would just let the strip follow the contour of the rail for a better seal to the gate.image_3_a42a37e7bcb1ec958606d76639fb843f1596b9ef.jpg Took a few tries to get the tightness of the cover correct(was really tight at first), but I appreciate that it'll be like a drum for years to come. Glad I got it, can't comment on longevity cause I've only had it about two hours now. Big thanks to Truck Alterations for giving a great discount.
    image_3_a42a37e7bcb1ec958606d76639fb843f1596b9ef.jpg
    image_4_2a749a4acd7e34e6fd05116318a28697b9867aae.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2016

Products Discussed in

To Top