1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Access Rollup Cover

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by mgratton, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Sep 28, 2013 at 5:13 PM
    mgratton

mgratton [OP] Yoda fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB SR5 4x4 w/Tow Package
    Just some background first. I had the dealer put a Truxedo LoProt QT on my Tacoma when I bought it and I hated it. There was a large gap at the tailgate, large enough to slide my fingers in and pop the cover. Plus there was only one fastener, on the driver's side, rather than one on each side. Also, you had to close the tonneau cover before you closed the tailgate or the rubber lip that covered the gap would get jammed up.

I had the dealer remove it.

Then I went to Truckalterations.com and ordered the Access Rollup Cover, that's the name, not the Limited, Literider or any of the others.

I have to say that overall I like it. The gap at the tailgate is far to small to slide even a childs fingers into. It reaches over the tailgate and has a vinyl flap that closes the gap. It does not matter which order I close the tailgate and cover. It's not 100% water tight, I took it through a touchless car wash and got a bit of water in it. I may improve upon the weatherstripping.

Also, you do lose 4-5" of bed width at the top of the bed since you remove the side rails and put spacers in it and then the tonneau cover. You do retain full use of your tie downs although I wonder about the sturdiness of it since you have spacers between the rails and the bed of the truck.

All in all I like it. It seems like a good deal for the money.

mikeg

Here are a couple of pictures of the cover.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Oct 9, 2013 at 2:10 PM
    Smudgey

Smudgey Trying to save the manuals

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Pensacola, FL
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma RC Manual
    Window Tint, Plastidipped grille, TonnoPro folding metal tonneau cover, marble shift knob, black frame headlights, fog lights with custom switch, OE cruise control
    I assume it consumes the entirety of the bedrails, so you can't put the tiedowns/cleats in them?

3. Oct 10, 2013 at 7:28 AM
    mgratton

mgratton [OP] Yoda fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB SR5 4x4 w/Tow Package
    Nope, you remove the bedrail, and fasten the cover rails between the bedrails and the side of the truck. You use longer screws and spacers that are provided. The end result is the bedrails are each moved in an inch or so but you retain full use of them. I can't remember off the top of my head whether or not the rear bedrail is blocked though.

mikeg

Products Discussed in

To Top