1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Access tonneau PLUS Softopper canvas cap

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by vtguy, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Nov 3, 2009 at 4:15 AM
    vtguy

vtguy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2010 Doublecab Sport
    I ordered a Softopper and an Access Roll Tonneau as soon as I bought my truck. The Access tonneau arrived first and I installed it the other day. My Softopper arrived last night...

My original intention was to run the Softopper in spring through fall and the Access tonneau during the winter - primarily to keep snow out of the back and make it useful for covering up skis, etc. I know it sounds a little expensive, but for $1000 total, I was still way under the cost of a fiberglass cap and have a lot more flexibility.

At any rate, now that I have the Access tonneau rails in place, I see that I'm not going to likely fit the "bows" for the Softopper in between. This is because the Access tonneau rails narrow the bed width by about 4". They mount behind the factory sliding rails, for anyone that hasn't seen it.

Before I open up the Softopper package - which is clearly well engineered in the box, as it doesn't seem possible that all of it can fit in there - I'm wondering if anyone has both?

I planned to remove the two bolts on the front of the Access tonneau to remove it in the "off season." But, again, I doubt I'll be able to fit the fold-down bows, as I figure they're made to the full width of the bed.

Looking for others that have had experience with these. If need be, I'll open the box, but it would be easier (and nicer on the manufacturer) to get a sense of whether I'm wasting my time before I cut it open. Thanks!

Products Discussed in

To Top