1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

accident :( ... need recommendations/advice

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by AsianAnts, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Jan 7, 2012 at 5:34 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts [OP] just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Southern California (San Diego County)
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD Sport L/B Grey Metallic
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    no body damage at all because his tow hitch took the force (way less than 10mph)

[​IMG]

ok.. i'll find out monday morning when business resumes

2012-01-06 16.01.34.jpg

2. Jan 7, 2012 at 5:36 PM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    See, if he tries to file a claim for damages, you will need to have been up front with the adjuster from the get-go
    Good Luck, please let us know how it goes.

3. Jan 7, 2012 at 5:36 PM
    kimo

kimo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Knuckle Head
    Kauai
    Vehicle:
    09 Super White TRD Sport DCLB 4X4!
    I just asked my wife about your situation, she was a AAA adjuster, now Farmers agent.
    Here's the deal. as long as the other guy doesn't open a claim on this and your insurance does not pay out any $$ over $751....nothing gets reported to DMV in Cali.

4. Jan 7, 2012 at 5:37 PM
    acdronin

Member:
    Nice, i was wondering what the low limit was

5. Jan 7, 2012 at 5:41 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    Thanks guys.. will keep TW posted!

If they call on Monday, i'm just going to straight out tell them: "honestly, there is no damage to the vehicle at most, paint chip. i can provide pictures"

6. Jan 7, 2012 at 5:46 PM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    You absolutely did the right thing. If the Insured vehicle is involved in ANY accident it is to be reported to your Insurance Company and that goes for the both of you. If he let's it go you're very lucky. Just sayin'

7. Jan 7, 2012 at 5:50 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    i sure hope he let's it go.. i just want to get my crap fixed... i hate having that busted lip... LOL very self conscious for my truck.. i feel the pain HAH

8. Jan 7, 2012 at 6:03 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    Just remember he (the other driver) is your priority until he says it's cool. Then worry about your rig. Besides, this might by you some time to find a bumper on TW or a junk yard that you could replace it with. That's keeping it on the low side of $$$. Good luck man. Those situations always suck.

9. Jan 7, 2012 at 6:05 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    yea.... =\

10. Jan 7, 2012 at 6:07 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    BTW, you know all these SoCal guys are always getting an Armor front bumper. Find one. Problem fixed.

11. Jan 7, 2012 at 6:12 PM
    acdronin

Member:
    Bingo, say you don't want to file a claim and you want to fix your truck on your own.

12. Jan 7, 2012 at 6:13 PM
    GoDeacsWFU23

GoDeacsWFU23 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Clemmons, NC
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma PreRunner TRD Sport
    I would call around to junk yards and find a truck that was rear ended.

13. Jan 7, 2012 at 6:19 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    IIRC tacomas are hard to find in the junk yard :p i

we'll seee

14. Jan 7, 2012 at 6:21 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    i have a front bumper unpainted for you but i'm in nj god only knows what the shipping would be.

i have holes drilled into it for the vision-x cubes though it matches up perfect with a randy ellis. its yours if you want it buddy :)

15. Jan 7, 2012 at 6:22 PM
    Underdog777

Underdog777 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Gilberz
    Vehicle:
    '06 Stuckrunner
    Camburg LT.
    Wear a condom, and don't admit to anything :thumbsup:

16. Jan 7, 2012 at 6:22 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    taking off the front bumper is easy if that is a concern it comes off with a few clips and 10mm bolts iirc.

17. Jan 7, 2012 at 6:23 PM
    Underdog777

Underdog777 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Gilberz
    Vehicle:
    '06 Stuckrunner
    Camburg LT.
    True talk you speak. Brainless work.

18. Jan 7, 2012 at 6:27 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    yea, im not so worried of how to take the bumper off.. had to take it off to install a mesh grill.. also took it off to do my fog lights (i kno i didnt need to but it was a good learning experience)... its just the metals and what not that are bent that im afraid of. .. i'll take pictures tomorrow during the day and share :)

19. Jan 7, 2012 at 10:59 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    i have the aluminum brace as well basically everything that i needed to take off to install the arb its new and in perfect shape. it

it just takes up space in the shed since june. take stock and see whats messed up brother and if you need some stuff just pay the shipping and i'll send it your way.

i was going to ebay this stuff or post it up here but i'm to lazy to take the pics or drop it off at the pack and ship for my guy to list on ebay lol.

let me know buddy

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  20. Jan 7, 2012 at 11:06 PM
    focotacoma

focotacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Collins
    Vehicle:
    07 Speedway Blue 4x4 TRD off-road
    Im getting there......
    Wheres OZ-T I think he has his relentless fab bumper on by now....O wait no its still protecting that retaining wall :D

But really check with OZ-T

Products Discussed in

To Top