1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

adams h20 hard gloss

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Powersrp, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Apr 18, 2016 at 7:43 AM
    Powersrp

Powersrp [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Army E-7
    mackinaw city. mi
    Vehicle:
    2012 tacoma 4x4 trd sport, V6 auto
    i heard a lot of good things about adams products, used the h20 on my girlfriends 4 runner and i was not impressed, tends to leave a smeard and cloudy finish, though it does seem to work better on black plastic parts.i also used adams interior detailer and it does what it says, but leaves a dull finish, in both cases there are better products for less money.

2. Apr 18, 2016 at 9:31 AM
    ace96

ace96 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western KY
    Vehicle:
    '11 SWB DC TRD SPORT
    AVS bug deflector, Weathertech digital fit floor mats, TRD skid plate w/ Sockmonkey decal, SOS Cocept sliders w/ Line-x, Pioneer 3500, Hybrid Audio Technology Mirus 6X9s & 6.5s, back up cam mod, Wet Okoles-front & rear, TRD exhaust, 17X9 XD Spy w/ Falken Wildpeaks, Avid light bar
    Either you got a bad product or it is an application issue. Please explain your process for application. Sounds like you are using too much product. I have used on 4 different vehicles and never had an issue with the finish like you describe. .

Adams Total Interior Detailer is not supposed to leave a gloss finish like Armorall. It is intended to use as a maintanance/detail spray for the Leather/Interior Conditioner.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    LTDSC likes this.
  3. Apr 18, 2016 at 7:31 PM
    ace96

ace96 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western KY
    Vehicle:
    '11 SWB DC TRD SPORT
    AVS bug deflector, Weathertech digital fit floor mats, TRD skid plate w/ Sockmonkey decal, SOS Cocept sliders w/ Line-x, Pioneer 3500, Hybrid Audio Technology Mirus 6X9s & 6.5s, back up cam mod, Wet Okoles-front & rear, TRD exhaust, 17X9 XD Spy w/ Falken Wildpeaks, Avid light bar
    For reference. This is my wife's car early last summer. Granted the sun is going down but this is how it should look.

IMG_2708.jpg

4. Apr 18, 2016 at 7:32 PM
    ramonortiz55

ramonortiz55 Not A Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ramon
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB Offroad 4x4
    stock
    ..wow.. that looks sweet

ace96[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Apr 18, 2016 at 8:15 PM
    ace96

ace96 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western KY
    Vehicle:
    '11 SWB DC TRD SPORT
    Thanks. I try to keep the vehicles looking good.

6. Apr 18, 2016 at 8:35 PM
    Powersrp

Powersrp [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Army E-7
    mackinaw city. mi
    Vehicle:
    2012 tacoma 4x4 trd sport, V6 auto
    i perhaps was using to much on my rags, but in reality it needed a good polishing and waxing anyway,so thats done

7. Apr 19, 2016 at 4:30 AM
    ace96

ace96 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western KY
    Vehicle:
    '11 SWB DC TRD SPORT
    Were you using wet method or dry method? I always do the wet method with 1-2 sprays directly on the panel. Then use microfiber to spread it around. Then another microfiber to finish.

What type of "rag" are you using?

LTDSC likes this.
  8. Apr 19, 2016 at 6:36 AM
    AMarkham40

AMarkham40 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM DCSB TRD O/R
    I agree. Sounds like your using either too much product or not enough water on you towel/panel to properly activate it. Also, make sure you keep it well shaken. Should be a gray color. It separates pretty quickly if you let it sit.

LTDSC likes this.
  9. Apr 22, 2016 at 8:57 PM
    LTDSC

LTDSC 32oz of fun

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    NorCal
    Definitely sounds like too much product. Very little goes a LONG ways with H2O GG. One mist on each panel is more than enough for that whole panel.

My application process is after the wash I hose the whole car off fully. I grab my HGG and mist a panel and then use my plush mf to apply it fully over the surface. Then I grab a fresh plush towel to buff dry. That will help with any over spraying you may do and clean up some spots you may have missed. I work my way around the vehicle doing this until it's all been sealed and dried.

HGG is a product I helped test and alter, I'm very familiar and happy with it. Probably my favorite maintenance "in between" sealant.

AMarkham40 and ace96 like this.
  10. May 4, 2016 at 11:20 AM
    erictski

erictski Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    NE WI
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCSBOR Black
    I too love the H2O GG. My first time using I used way to much. using the wet method I can now do like 1-2 light sprays per panel to get the truck done and it looks great after.

I am definitely an adams fan.

I also like the interior detailer. If you like a shinier finish inside then you will be a bit disappointed in that product but if you like a nice matte finish I think the Interior detailer is nice.

For more interior shine try their Leather Conditioner to dress your plastics/vinyl and leather inside your truck or Chemical Guys VRP.

Products Discussed in

To Top