1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

adapter for subwoofer????

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by BLUVVV, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Apr 7, 2008 at 6:44 PM
    BLUVVV

BLUVVV [OP] LARGE Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryce
    Valley Center, CA
    Vehicle:
    11' A/C TRD O-R PreRunner
    flowmaster 40, blackout headlights, 10'' infinity subwoofer, custom rear enclosure, kicker mono amp. 5100's set at 2.5'', 32'' pro Comp Xtreme M/T tires, Pioneer dub din head unit, K&N CAI, MB Motorsports V-Drive rims
    I just bought an infinity sub and custom box for my taco...Im waiting for the box to be made and i started installing my wiring kit and i want to keep my stock deck for now. what type of adapter do i need to to buy for the rca and or remote cables that dont fit into the back of the stock deck? I heard that there is something that connects to the back speakers and adapt to the rca cables...i just need a little more insight or if there is something else????

2. Apr 7, 2008 at 6:48 PM
    06tacoma

06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa FL
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 XS-P Trd Longbed Double Cab
    20" enkei wheel,BFG G-Force tires, BHLM, Smoked tail lights, 2 RE Audio 10s, Quantom 900watt amp,10000K HIDs headlights and fog lamps,Borla exhaust, Borla drop in filter,Debadged tailgate,Painted black tacoma badges
    you need a hi/low adapter do you have the jbl upgraded system from toyota

3. Apr 7, 2008 at 6:50 PM
    BLUVVV

BLUVVV [OP] LARGE Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryce
    Valley Center, CA
    Vehicle:
    11' A/C TRD O-R PreRunner
    flowmaster 40, blackout headlights, 10'' infinity subwoofer, custom rear enclosure, kicker mono amp. 5100's set at 2.5'', 32'' pro Comp Xtreme M/T tires, Pioneer dub din head unit, K&N CAI, MB Motorsports V-Drive rims
    is the hi low adapter the thing i was describing?

4. Apr 7, 2008 at 7:00 PM
    06tacoma

06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa FL
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 XS-P Trd Longbed Double Cab
    20" enkei wheel,BFG G-Force tires, BHLM, Smoked tail lights, 2 RE Audio 10s, Quantom 900watt amp,10000K HIDs headlights and fog lamps,Borla exhaust, Borla drop in filter,Debadged tailgate,Painted black tacoma badges
    yeh i mean if you are try to do a system install with a stock headunit with no rca's in the back of the headunit you will need a hi/low also if you have the upgraded JBL system with a built in stock amp powering your highs it is a pretty easy install by just finding the wiring diagram for the stock amp and running the hi/low of that and your remote wire as well

5. Apr 9, 2008 at 5:17 PM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Always working on the stereo, painted the front skid plate black to match the truck, debadged , toy tech ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper Looking into a supercharger and new exhaust.
    The hi/low adapter 06 is refering to is called a LOC (line output converter). It steps down the high voltage signal that would normally go to speakers and converts it to a low level signal that can be used by an amplifier.

They can be had for like $25. You will also need a remote turn on lead (so your amp knows when to shut off). This needs to be wired up to a switched power source (there is probably a spare spot in the fuse panel that you can wire into but I don't know which is free, but you can test with a DMM or test light). You could for go this by connecting a small wire from the power wire input to the remote lead input on the amp, but it will stay powered on until you remove the remote wire, which is a PITA.

To Top