1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

adapter for subwoofer????

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by BLUVVV, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Apr 7, 2008 at 6:44 PM
    BLUVVV

BLUVVV [OP] LARGE Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryce
    Valley Center, CA
    Vehicle:
    11' A/C TRD O-R PreRunner
    flowmaster 40, blackout headlights, 10'' infinity subwoofer, custom rear enclosure, kicker mono amp. 5100's set at 2.5'', 32'' pro Comp Xtreme M/T tires, Pioneer dub din head unit, K&N CAI, MB Motorsports V-Drive rims
    I just bought an infinity sub and custom box for my taco...Im waiting for the box to be made and i started installing my wiring kit and i want to keep my stock deck for now. what type of adapter do i need to to buy for the rca and or remote cables that dont fit into the back of the stock deck? I heard that there is something that connects to the back speakers and adapt to the rca cables...i just need a little more insight or if there is something else????

2. Apr 7, 2008 at 6:48 PM
    06tacoma

06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa FL
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 XS-P Trd Longbed Double Cab
    20" enkei wheel,BFG G-Force tires, BHLM, Smoked tail lights, 2 RE Audio 10s, Quantom 900watt amp,10000K HIDs headlights and fog lamps,Borla exhaust, Borla drop in filter,Debadged tailgate,Painted black tacoma badges
    you need a hi/low adapter do you have the jbl upgraded system from toyota

3. Apr 7, 2008 at 6:50 PM
    BLUVVV

BLUVVV [OP] LARGE Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryce
    Valley Center, CA
    Vehicle:
    11' A/C TRD O-R PreRunner
    flowmaster 40, blackout headlights, 10'' infinity subwoofer, custom rear enclosure, kicker mono amp. 5100's set at 2.5'', 32'' pro Comp Xtreme M/T tires, Pioneer dub din head unit, K&N CAI, MB Motorsports V-Drive rims
    is the hi low adapter the thing i was describing?

4. Apr 7, 2008 at 7:00 PM
    06tacoma

06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa FL
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 XS-P Trd Longbed Double Cab
    20" enkei wheel,BFG G-Force tires, BHLM, Smoked tail lights, 2 RE Audio 10s, Quantom 900watt amp,10000K HIDs headlights and fog lamps,Borla exhaust, Borla drop in filter,Debadged tailgate,Painted black tacoma badges
    yeh i mean if you are try to do a system install with a stock headunit with no rca's in the back of the headunit you will need a hi/low also if you have the upgraded JBL system with a built in stock amp powering your highs it is a pretty easy install by just finding the wiring diagram for the stock amp and running the hi/low of that and your remote wire as well

5. Apr 9, 2008 at 5:17 PM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    The hi/low adapter 06 is refering to is called a LOC (line output converter). It steps down the high voltage signal that would normally go to speakers and converts it to a low level signal that can be used by an amplifier.

They can be had for like $25. You will also need a remote turn on lead (so your amp knows when to shut off). This needs to be wired up to a switched power source (there is probably a spare spot in the fuse panel that you can wire into but I don't know which is free, but you can test with a DMM or test light). You could for go this by connecting a small wire from the power wire input to the remote lead input on the amp, but it will stay powered on until you remove the remote wire, which is a PITA.

Products Discussed in

To Top