1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Add a leaf?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Project.paradigm, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Jan 21, 2010 at 9:29 PM
    Project.paradigm

Project.paradigm [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oil Country,Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD 4X4 Dub cab
    Airlift rear air bags. Hood struts. sockmonkey bedside decal. TRD supercharger(not installed). Deckplate. Grey wire mod. Extended rear diff breather. 6000k HIDS. 18"Magnaflow. Truxxx 3" level kit. (Temporary) Wet Okole seat covers. BoxRocket bed rack. Bora 0.75 wheel spacers All pro sliders. BAMF BPV. B&M trans cooler.
    I've got a 94 SR5 4X4 and it sits a little low in the rear with the canopy on it. I was planning on putting new leaf springs on, but i'm thinking that maybe i should add a leaf to it while i've got it apart. What do you guys think? AAL or will the replacement alone be good enough. It would be nice to be able to put a quad in the back(from time to time.) without it squatting right down. 80% of time the bed will be empty or have camping gear in it.

2. Jan 21, 2010 at 9:43 PM
    Bearskill

Bearskill Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab PreRunner Sport
    FlowMaster 40 duals out the back, T-Rex grill, Color matched TRD Nerf bars, Icon coilovers set at 2'', 2.75" OME Dakars spring packs, OME Nitro-Charger extended rear shocks, Carrier bearing drop kit, Wheeler's Extended break Lines, Total Chaos UCAs, Mojave Teflons and 31 1/2" Toyo Open Country A/Ts, Pioneer single din unit, Yakima roof rack, Malone roof basket with X2 KC 130w long range Slimmlights mounted to it, Garmin 255w nav, Fire bottle mod, Air Force standard First Aid kit mod, Hidden Muchette mod (don't ask), and 1 huge OCD about my truck.
    Are you asking new packs OR an AAL? Or new packs AND an AAL?

3. Jan 21, 2010 at 9:48 PM
    Bearskill

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    FlowMaster 40 duals out the back, T-Rex grill, Color matched TRD Nerf bars, Icon coilovers set at 2'', 2.75" OME Dakars spring packs, OME Nitro-Charger extended rear shocks, Carrier bearing drop kit, Wheeler's Extended break Lines, Total Chaos UCAs, Mojave Teflons and 31 1/2" Toyo Open Country A/Ts, Pioneer single din unit, Yakima roof rack, Malone roof basket with X2 KC 130w long range Slimmlights mounted to it, Garmin 255w nav, Fire bottle mod, Air Force standard First Aid kit mod, Hidden Muchette mod (don't ask), and 1 huge OCD about my truck.
    If you asking about new packs AND an AAL, well, what kind of packs are they? How high will you sit if you put both in? Will it affect anything badly? IE, Drive shaft? Will you end up with to much front end rake or will you be level?

4. Jan 21, 2010 at 9:48 PM
    Project.paradigm

Member:
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD 4X4 Dub cab
    Airlift rear air bags. Hood struts. sockmonkey bedside decal. TRD supercharger(not installed). Deckplate. Grey wire mod. Extended rear diff breather. 6000k HIDS. 18"Magnaflow. Truxxx 3" level kit. (Temporary) Wet Okole seat covers. BoxRocket bed rack. Bora 0.75 wheel spacers All pro sliders. BAMF BPV. B&M trans cooler.
    Getting new packs. Should i AAL to it?

5. Jan 21, 2010 at 9:52 PM
    Project.paradigm

Member:
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD 4X4 Dub cab
    Not sure about brand, a spring shop (City Spring.) would put the leaf pack together for me. I assume it would put the truck at stock level. As for your other questions, i would like to know the answers as well.

6. Jan 21, 2010 at 9:58 PM
    Bearskill

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    Only thing I can suggest is try it without first, and if the springs are not enough then add the AALs, rather than putting them in first and not needing them.

Products Discussed in

To Top