1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

adding a sub to the stock system '08 dbl cab

Discussion in 'Mr Marv' started by Rudbwoy7s, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Apr 21, 2009 at 2:54 PM
    Rudbwoy7s

Rudbwoy7s [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    08 Double cab 4x4 sr5
    3" Revtek suspension lift, 17" Black and silver American Eagle Alloy wheels, 285/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Flowmaster 40 series muffler, sockmonkey brake light cover, Maglight mod, Viper alarm, Smith & Wesson hitch receiver cover
    I'd like to add some bass to my stock system, what would be my best option in an '08 double cab? I'd like it to look clean without spending a buttload of cash.

2. Apr 21, 2009 at 2:58 PM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    You should get a subwoofer. :rolleyes: Marv has a bunch of different designs. Browse around this section and pick out a picture.

3. Apr 21, 2009 at 3:12 PM
    drew-z

drew-z dude

Member:
    Vehicle:
    White 05 prerunner SR5 Double Cab
    AFE Brute Force CAI, pioneer touchscreen, pioneer flat series 12" sub/ custom box, window tint, HIDs, LEDs overhead, timbren suspension, BHLM, 2" leveling kit
    i took out the stock jbl sub that i had and added a 12" sub in a custom box behind my passenger/middle seat and it sounds pretty damn good. of course you have to buy an amp too so its not necessarily cheap if you dont have one.

4. Apr 21, 2009 at 7:16 PM
    Mr Marv

Mr Marv 1-831-383-0308 7am-10pm pst Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    Custom Built Enclosures/speaker adapters etc
    If you check the photobucket link in my signature below you will see numerous designs I have and if you'd like to build one yourself instead just let me know and I will help you out! :)

5. Apr 23, 2009 at 12:49 PM
    Rudbwoy7s

Rudbwoy7s [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    08 Double cab 4x4 sr5
    3" Revtek suspension lift, 17" Black and silver American Eagle Alloy wheels, 285/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Flowmaster 40 series muffler, sockmonkey brake light cover, Maglight mod, Viper alarm, Smith & Wesson hitch receiver cover
    thanks for the responses guys but I know I'll need a sub and amp (I've built systems for 3 of my cars) but I guess what I was looking for was some advice on what size speaker, how many, what sub models work best for the amount of space, how much wattage, etc. - as I mentioned I dont really wanna go all out just yet, I'm looking for something easy and economical that will sound solid with the factory system. I thought Mr Marv may have some examples that he's built for other taco drivers.

6. Apr 23, 2009 at 1:08 PM
    Mr Marv

Mr Marv 1-831-383-0308 7am-10pm pst Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    Custom Built Enclosures/speaker adapters etc
    Click the Tacoma sub albums at the top left at the photobucket link in my signature below for numerous designs I have done. I custom build each one for the specific application so if none of those designs suit you let me know what you have in mind and I will design it for you! Also, if you let me know what your budget is I can give you some suggestions for the sub/amp (calling would be best or PM if possible!) :)

To Top