1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Adding an INPUT to URD Performance Calibration Unit?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas' started by AWilson013, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Mar 2, 2013 at 9:46 PM
    AWilson013

AWilson013 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Dupont, WA
    Vehicle:
    99 4Runner
    Supercharged, URD Goodies, ICON Suspension, CBI/Savage Armor, other stuff...
    Hey guys, first real post on here, have a question, curious if anyone has any input.

To start, I drive a 4Runner (Gross, I know) supercharged, URD 7th, TRD Exhaust, all sorts of fancy stuff.

Early on in my "wtf, why won't this thing run correctly" stage (prior to the 7th injector install, which is golden) I consulted Split Second about their FTC1, which is incredibly similar to the URD Performance Calibration Unit.

Their FTC1 came with an option to add 4 aux inputs for like $75. Essentially just added 4 wires to the harness of the FTC1, so that you could data log instead of just psi/rpm, things like egt, A/F, etc.

I think that the ability to add an input for A/F would be VERY helpful for us home tuners. To be able to log boost/engine speed/AF all in one using just the Split Second R4 software.

My question... Have any of you wiring/electrical experts looked into this at all? Thoughts on if it's possible or no?

To Top