1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Adventure Ready/RLD Design USA

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Laffey, Mar 11, 2023.

1. Mar 11, 2023 at 6:22 PM
    Laffey

Laffey [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 White TRD SPORT MT
    just wanted to put this out there. I wouldn't recommend doing business with Adventure Ready or any of their affiliates.

TLDR Version: Ordered cap for truck, never came, asked for refund, refund has taken 3+ months and still don't have all my money.

I had Ordered a Cap For my 2022 Tacoma in February of 2022 they took all the money up front. A few months passed and I hadn't received any updates , I reached out and was told covid was disrupting their supply chains. At the time I understood things were really messed up globally and told the that's fine ill wait. It was the same story when I reached out again a few months later.

8 Months after my order I requested an update and was informed they are having issues with their factory not fulfilling their orders and they had to file with the courts for a resolution. At this point I requested my money back. I was then told they wouldn't be able to give me a refund right away due to their cash flow and said they would have to refund me in installments.

The first refund didn't come until a month after I requested it and the second one wasn't another 2 months after. Every Email that I sent took them anywhere from 5 days to 2 weeks to respond. I already attempted to file a complaint with the attorney general, in which the Adventure Ready never responded, they eventually closed out my complaint.

I figured I wouldn't write a review seeing as there was no point. But after waiting this long I had to write something.

I wrote an email to the president confirming that I received the second installment of my refund. The same day I wrote a review on google (https://goo.gl/maps/ZDAp6mCEDPHgwLzAA). An hour later I receive an email from the president, not about my refund but only addressing the review I left. I regret doing business with this company and am frustrated my build has been postponed until I get my full refund.

Thank you for taking the time to read this if you did. Best of luck on all your builds.

RLD Email Exchange Censored (03-11-2023).jpg

2. Mar 11, 2023 at 6:25 PM
    Laffey

Laffey [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 White TRD SPORT MT
    I apologies for picture quality I didn't realize it would be unreadable due to the size/ formatting I had done.

3. Mar 12, 2023 at 9:03 AM
    Sprig

Sprig Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    N. Calif. The Twilight Zone
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD double cab 4x4, Barcelona Red
    That really sucks. I hope you get all your $$$ back but it appears doubtful. One thing though, I would never pay full amount for a large item that I ordered. Over the years I’ve ordered things like camper shells, new boats, cars etc. and never paid up front more than about 10% or so. I’m assuming the cap is going to a dealer for installation and handling and not being delivered directly to you from the factory. If it’s coming directly to you (no local dealer) I wouldn’t have done that either. In that situation once you pay your money you are sol.

4. Mar 12, 2023 at 9:18 AM
    Laffey

Laffey [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 White TRD SPORT MT
    100% agree with this. Its my fault for having to learn this the hard way.

Thank you for the reply.

Sprig[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Mar 21, 2023 at 8:44 PM
    lit_taco4x4

lit_taco4x4 IG and YT: @lit_taco4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Louie
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Pro
    JD fab LT, Archive and Deavers, King shocks, Dual locked, Dual T case, Tundra steering rack, 39’s
    Yeah they suck. They don’t respond to anything at all. Sounds like they had a falling out with RLD which is doing good in other countries like Australia. It’s a PITA trying to find their latches. I’ve called southco and the dimensions of their latches don’t match the ones that come with the RLD ones.

Products Discussed in

To Top