1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Advice... (long read)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by 05RedTaco, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Feb 16, 2012 at 9:53 AM
    05RedTaco

05RedTaco [OP] Nom Nom Nom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Scottsdale
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma XtraCab 2.7L 4x4
  2. Feb 16, 2012 at 10:06 AM
    Joe D

Joe D .

Member:
    Wow dude that sucks, sorry you're in a pickle.

I'm sure you've already looked for ways to reduce your expenses and increase your income (on the hour) but, you may have to take stronger actions and different methods.

You can't live to work all the time. You need to make whatever adjustments are needed to just be working to live.....work to live not live to work.

I believe it, I live it & I've said it before. How much is an hour of your finite life worth. I promise you, when you or one of you loved ones are facing death, you will not be wishing you'd worked an extra day. Find a way out and enjoy your life (whatever you enjoy), I can tell (like me) it's not going to be found at work.

Good luck buddy.

3. Feb 16, 2012 at 10:13 AM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Tint Weathertech floor liner, weathertech window visor Roll n lock tonneau cover Rubber bed mat Smoked license plate covers
    That's a tough one, and your sister in law isn't helping. I think you should start by kicking her lazy ass out first and go from their

4. Feb 16, 2012 at 10:16 AM
    hetkind

hetkind Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Howard
    Johnson City
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 Access Cab, white with Leer Cap
    bilstein set at 1.75, Racho 5000 rear with 4 leaf kit, floor mats, high lift jack, pull hook in hitch, bed rail corner braces, severe duty brake pads and devil horns on the grill....
    First thing I would do is ask your boss to reimburse your work related driving expenses...either by providing you with a company vehicle or reimbursement at $0.60 (sixty cents) a mile. You can't have a quarter of your take-home pay get used up in company related driving...

Second, I would track your workhours and see if you could either get paid for hours over 40 or get additional help to reduce your hours to 40.

On the other hand, your total compensation package is about 40k a year (not knowing your tax situation) and that puts you solidly in the middle class.

Howard

5. Feb 16, 2012 at 2:46 PM
    jdickey03

jdickey03 $enior M3MB3R

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    (SOLD)2006 Tacoma trd offroad
    3" skyjacker Lift,Pioneer touch screen unit. Relentless Rear Bumper.
    so does your wife work also?
    And as for the sister-inlaw I would definately be asking for some kind of rent, i mean $50-80 every two weeks?? I mean thats like $100-160 a month...If she's not willing to pitch in, then maybe you need to tell her she needs to find somewhere else to live...Believe me, it sucks doing this I just did it with my brother inlaw...

As for the money issue, I mean your bringing in what like 1500 a month? But you are also getting close to $1400 in free housing and utilities... and if your wife works, which it sounds like she may because you were talking about child care then you should be bringing in more than $1500 a month. It sounds like alot of money is going to gas, maybe talk to your employer to see if there is something you can arrange....But honestly if I was the landlord/employer(which i have no experience in) I would say no, mainly because I am giving you $1400 in free housing and utilities. It's a tough one man but good luck

6. Feb 16, 2012 at 6:30 PM
    Joe D

Joe D .

Member:
    I promise you his employer is getting buy cheap here... The actual cost of that unit is well below market / retail value. Even if the employer rolls in the value of the lost rent, it's still cheap. Also, him having to buy is own fuel...really? It's bullshit...

7. Feb 17, 2012 at 5:53 PM
    05RedTaco

05RedTaco [OP] Nom Nom Nom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Scottsdale
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma XtraCab 2.7L 4x4

Products Discussed in

To Top