1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Advice on BLHM re-do

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by novataco, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Jan 30, 2011 at 10:39 PM
    novataco

novataco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NOLA
    Vehicle:
    06 Sport V6 auto
    Aries bull bar, Lund grill screen, blackened h/l, Weathertech plastic all over, Access LE tonneau, window tint, tube steps, DF-Toy aux adapter, cig plug always on, console vault, hitch step, 1700 watt in-cab inverter and dual battery (in-progress), Delta bike hitch mounts
    I did my black headlight mod back in '06, I believe. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241706/2006-toyota-tacoma-xtra-cab/page-4

When I did it I made the mistake of not cleaning the inside of the lenses. I sealed them well, and they look today like they did then, which is my problem.

There is a thin layer of haze on the inside of the clear plastic housing, including two fingermarks of mine. Its time to open them up, clear the inside of the clear plastic cover, and reseal.

My question is, what products and method do I use to make sure its clean inside and that it stays clear and clean after I reseal them.

I have thought of everything from Windex to Rain-X, to polish, etc. I want t right this time and to never effing mess with it again.

Thanks.

2. Jan 30, 2011 at 11:03 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    Alcohol wipes.

3. Jan 30, 2011 at 11:20 PM
    novataco

novataco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NOLA
    Vehicle:
    06 Sport V6 auto
    Aries bull bar, Lund grill screen, blackened h/l, Weathertech plastic all over, Access LE tonneau, window tint, tube steps, DF-Toy aux adapter, cig plug always on, console vault, hitch step, 1700 watt in-cab inverter and dual battery (in-progress), Delta bike hitch mounts
    Do you think that is all it needs? Would definitely wipe the surface clean. I just don't want to do it a third time.

4. Jan 31, 2011 at 3:31 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    You could get a lens polishing kit from auto zone or your favorite other parts place. The type for polishing yellow or hazing lenses. If you are really worried about what is on there.
    I think alcohol wipes would work fine too. Also make sure you let whatever you use dry for a while.

5. Jan 31, 2011 at 5:31 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    x2. Window cleaners tend to leave a film, alcohol evaporates clean. I'd use alcohol and a lint-free rag (old t-shirts work well).

Products Discussed in

To Top