1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Advise please: Wheels, Tires, Mods?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by mmjcarr, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Apr 27, 2009 at 12:38 PM
    mmjcarr

mmjcarr [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eagan, MN
    Vehicle:
    2002 PreRunner SR5 DoubleCab 2WD
    ARE Tonneau Cover, Westin Chrome Running Boards
    :D What's up?

I have some questions regarding wheels, tires and a few other mods I am considering. Please don't mistake me for being dumb but I am. Especially, regarding truck mods, etc....

This is my truck:

2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 PreRunner (SILVER)
    DoubleCab
    2WD
    4 Cylinder

Yes, it's a 2WD in Minnesota. I know it's not ideal but I relocated from California where the truck was perfect. I've considered selling it or trading it in and just couldn't do it. I love this truck so I'm going to do whatever I can to get the best performance in the snow. Considering, it's 2WD (rear wheel) it doesn't do that bad with a couple of sand bags in the back.

Currently, the only aftermarket mods are a spray on bed-liner, chrome running boards and a ARE Tonneau Cover.

However, I am considering the following......
    1. Tires and Wheels: I'm thinking about the Enkei RT6 with BF Goodrich All Terrain TAs but I haven't decided whether or not to go with silver or black wheels. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Will aftermarket wheels rust because of the severe weather, road salt, etc....
    2. Better shock absorbers: Can someone suggest some good shocks that would give me a better ride and also support me adding about 180 lbs of sandbags in the winter?
    3. If anyone has any additional tips or tricks to get better performance from a 2WD in harsh winter conditions please let me know.
    4. High Performance Breaks: Should I consider a higher performing break system? rotors? etc....
    If anyone can provide some feedback and or suggestions it would be much appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from you all soon!

Minnesota Mike

2. Apr 27, 2009 at 12:40 PM
    mmjcarr

mmjcarr [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eagan, MN
    Vehicle:
    2002 PreRunner SR5 DoubleCab 2WD
    ARE Tonneau Cover, Westin Chrome Running Boards
    Sorry guys! Wrong forum! Mike

Products Discussed in

To Top